Kona EV Off Peak Charging

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
vk6xre
Noobie

Kona EV Off Peak Charging

Post by vk6xre »

Hi all, I have a Kona Launch Model. The scheduled off peak charging does not charge within the charging window. I have tried different EVSE units. I have tried setting different times. Nothing. It either charges 7 - 8 pm or refuses to charge at all. Unscheduled charging works fine.

Is anybody else suffering this issue?
g4qber

Re: Kona EV Off Peak Charging

Post by g4qber »

Tis a bug. Right reecho?
2021 Model 3 PW MIC RWD FSD - Mon 28 Jun ‘21 -
k kms 17x
2009 Tango - http://www.evalbum.com/211
Aptera
Cybertruck
On order

Past EVs
2011 i-MiEV
2012 Volt
2014 i3 REx
2014 Model S
2020 FRERWD
Clintsc9
Noobie

Post by Clintsc9 »

I haven't been able to get mine to work either so not worrying about it.

With my electricity supply the difference between peak and off-peak is 4 c/kWh. So a difference of $2.56 on a full charge from empty.
Clint
reecho

Post by reecho »

vk6xre wrote: Tue, 21 May 2019, 08:34 Hi all, I have a Kona Launch Model. The scheduled off peak charging does not charge within the charging window. I have tried different EVSE units. I have tried setting different times. Nothing. It either charges 7 - 8 pm or refuses to charge at all. Unscheduled charging works fine.

Is anybody else suffering this issue?
Yep. Every Kona worldwide suffers from the issue including mine. Fix in the works. Appears to be a bug in the radio firmware.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/schedul ... ng.138524/
vk6xre
Noobie

Post by vk6xre »

I don't feel it is world wide just the AU and NZ Firmware versions. I have been to my dealer and they tested 2 Konas a Launch Model and a Highlander and they both suffered the same issues.
vk6xre
Noobie

Post by vk6xre »

The bug has been fixed. Go you your favourite dealer and ask for the upgrade to the firmware. It takes 10 minutes. If you are in Perth, I recommend Osbourne Park Hyundai, speak to the Service Manager, Michael, and make a date. He has the firmware for the launch model at least. If it doesn't bother you, it will be updated when your Kona is serviced.

The update on my launch model works 100%. I get into a nice warm car every morning and the car charges at 11pm, in the off peak EV rate time.
Spybo
Noobie

Post by Spybo »

Thanks for the update :D
ingk
Noobie

Post by ingk »

Have just been informed by Doncaster Hyundai that a software patch is ready to be installed on my Kona Hylander. To correct charging problems.

They will provide me with a loan car, as they have to contact hyundai when they have the car and it might take a few hours.
Booked in for next Friday..

Have completed 2000km to date and still impressed with the car and the range.