Savic Motorcycles

Other Production EV's including motorbikes, and cars by smaller manufacturers
memecode
Groupie

Savic Motorcycles

Post by memecode »

I searched, but there is no mention of Savic on this forum.

So anyway they are a new EV motorcycle manufacturer based in Melbourne. The bikes start at $13k (AUD I assume? I hope!)

Personally the style doesn't gel with my needs but the specs are and prices are on point.

At least we have 2 production EV bike manufacturers in Australia, the other being Fonzarelli.
jonescg

Re: Savic Motorcycles

Post by jonescg »

Yeah young Dennis has been working on it for years now. He started around the same time I got Voltron on the track, and has been through a few iterations. I'm still waiting to see a bit of video footage of it rolling down the street under it's own power before I get too excited. Building and selling a production vehicle (2-wheeled or 4) is expensive and hard. Even with his goal of 100% construction in Taiwan, it's going to be a tough gig.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

jonescg wrote: Fri, 22 Jan 2021, 09:09 I'm still waiting to see a bit of video footage of it rolling down the street under it's own power before I get too excited.
So not like the Nikola truck...
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

I'd be hoping brakes come standard, rather than optional upgrade...
Brakes.PNG
Brakes.PNG (191.46 KiB) Viewed 419 times
mikedufty

Post by mikedufty »

Thats where the clutch lever usually goes on a motorcycle. But it does look like they haven't connected the calipers. I don't understand the current obsession with mutilating mudguards either.
boars
Noobie

Post by boars »

One of their bikes is in THE MOTORCYCLE
DESIGN, ART, DESIRE exhibition at GOMA in Brisbane. I went last year to check this bike out specifically (well mostly). I was really hoping I'd like the look of it the flesh, alas it's not my cup of tea.

The exhibition runs till April 26th and it's worth a look if you're into bikes.

https://www.qagoma.qld.gov.au/whats-on/ ... motorcycle

I cannot recall if they'd hooked up the brakes, added mirrors or any of that jazz. Pretty common thing for vehicle manufacturers to do when demoing concept cars and the like. Mirrors would spoil the lines of the car, cannot have that.

I hope these guys do well, it'd be great to have more options in Australia for commuting on. Just wish I thought it was pretty.

The half cut mud guard is better than the strange angular one that they had on it previously though.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

I actually asked GOMA if they would like to display Voltron - Australia's fastest electric vehicle. But the exhibit had already been organised. Maybe if they travel around they'll let it in...
boars
Noobie

Post by boars »

Would have been great to see your bike there and it would have fit the theme very well and been in great company as the NZ Britten bike was next to the electrics.
Such delicious pipework and suspension.
Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra »

mikedufty wrote: Sat, 23 Jan 2021, 08:46 Thats where the clutch lever usually goes on a motorcycle. But it does look like they haven't connected the calipers. I don't understand the current obsession with mutilating mudguards either.
Since it doesn't need a clutch, I'd prefer to have the front and rear brake levers on the handlebars like a pedal bike.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.
memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode »

Peter C in Canberra wrote: Fri, 05 Feb 2021, 13:44
mikedufty wrote: Sat, 23 Jan 2021, 08:46 Thats where the clutch lever usually goes on a motorcycle. But it does look like they haven't connected the calipers. I don't understand the current obsession with mutilating mudguards either.
Since it doesn't need a clutch, I'd prefer to have the front and rear brake levers on the handlebars like a pedal bike.
Like a Vectrix. Ha... ha.
mikedufty

Post by mikedufty »

Even when they put them on a motogp bike they call it a "scooter brake" https://twitter.com/hazrin/status/1225946880015683586