Zoe menu items

Renault EV Interest Group
doggy

Zoe menu items

Post by doggy »

Hi fellow Zoe owners,
I thought I would check if everyone has the same options for charge scheduling on their Zoe.

Here's what mine does:

a. Default charge anytime mode set normally. This is the left hand icon.
b. Can select start time on the middle icon and this seems to work. Cannot set an end time.
c. Icon on the right for setting dates and times is permanently greyed out.

That's it. Not much from which to choose. Fortunately my OpenEVSE makes up for many of these shortcomings. If we had Z.E. connected services working in Oz then I think a,b,c would all work as well as the App and Web options.

Regards,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member
LouB
Groupie

Re: Zoe menu items

Post by LouB »

Yes - same thing here.
A real bummer really as I was thinking that I might use the charging time settings to overcome a problem I have with the EVSE not being able to distinguish surplus solar generation from house battery charge. Ability to set end time would ensure that forgetting to remove the charging cable could not lead to house battery being flattened.

We'll have to mount a concerted campaign to get RA to do something about it. After all, these features are shown as standard in the Renault Zoe Driver's Handbook that came with the vehicle.

Cheers
Lou
doggy

Post by doggy »

Hi Lou, thanks. I have exhausted my goodwill with RA on this subject. Most recently they did concede that it would be useful to have these things working and that they did plan to introduce them but were not prepared to commit when this might happen.
If everyone who has bought a Zoe pestered them then I am sure this would accelerate the process.
Regds,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
1kW DC solar system
AEVA and TOCA member
LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB »

I will be contacting both the dealer that sold me the Zoe and Renault Australia on what could constitute false advertising under Australian law.

First: I need to make a list of all functions that are not operational, though they are shown, with instructions, in the supplied Zoe Driver's Handbook and the R-Link booklet.
Please list in this thread any that you have come across.
I'll let you all know how it goes.

I just cannot understand why, in the Charge Programming Function, you can set starting time but not ending time, and why this should be dependent on Z.E. services being activated. You would think this basic feature would work directly from the on-board clock.

My wife suggested I set an egg timer :D

Cheers
Lou
doggy

Post by doggy »

Hi Lou, unfortunately there are clauses which say that not everything in the manual is in every car.

For instance Android Auto is in my manual but definitely not in the car (not that I care about that). It seems some people have a manual which is later than the cars we have and others have the same as the date of the car (all our Oz Zoes are July 2017 as far as I am aware).

I agree with you that ending time should have nothing to do with Connected Services.

I did try the tack of misleading advertising but they pointed out they have not advertised any of those things. I found myself getting quite steamed up but it was not getting a good reaction.

So I think a better approach is to list the things that you really need which do not work and push them for a date. My list had the greyed out items in charge scheduling plus the Z.E connected services so I could pre-warm the car in winter and also schedule charging. I pointed out to them the real world benefits and also pointed out what you can get in an older Nissan.

Cheers,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
1kW DC solar system
AEVA and TOCA member
LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB »

I've begun by asking the Renault Dealer for an explanation as to why the charging programming function outlined in P1.16 of the supplied Renault Zoe Driver's Handbook doesn't work. They did not seem to be aware of the problem but promised to "look into it". I suggested that if the fault was found to be caused by something that Renault Australia was responsible for, then the dealer needed to complain to RA and make them understand that this sort of thing was bad PR for the Renault badge and company reputation.

Then, I sent a low key email to Renault Australia; just asking them to explain why charge scheduling was not operational. I pointed out that the process of charging an EV is just as vital as refuelling an ICE vehicle and that charge scheduling has both convenience and some financial implications.

I'm not expecting much by way of reply. Will see how it goes and ramp up indignation if necessary.

Cheers
Lou
doggy

Post by doggy »

Hi Lou,
That is sensible.
I started with the dealer (in Sydney) and they found their demo vehicle had the same problem.
I found RA reasonably responsive and cordial- until I started getting too aggressive and needed to tone it down a bit.
I also added some commentary about ZE services in the AEVA reviews just published.
Cheers,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
1kW DC solar system
AEVA and TOCA member
TomZoe
Groupie

Post by TomZoe »

The woman to email (not that I have) is one who has
Made the U tube video about the Zoe.

She is head of electric cars at Renault Australia.

The feedback staff defer to her but they now have standard answers - no to the connection via Telstra network and “no plans” to import larger engine.
doggy

Post by doggy »

My most recent answer from Simone Johnson was:

"We recognise that the connected services would be of benefit to our customers and are working to introduce them on ZOE however we do not currently have a confirmed timeline for introduction of the services."

Regds,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
1kW DC solar system
AEVA and TOCA member
LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB »

Just an update to fellow Zoe conducteurs.

I've received this reply from Simone Johnston – Customer Service RA:
"We are chasing this up with France because we understand the importance of it for our customers, so far we have not had a response.
We will contact you as soon as we have a response."

I intend to keep reminding them every couple of weeks until they get tired of this charade and actually do something about it.

Cheers
Lou
doggy

Post by doggy »

Good idea. I shall do the same.
Regds,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021