Renault EVs

Renault EV Interest Group
dgh853
Groupie

Re: Renault EVs

Post by dgh853 » Wed, 09 May 2018, 09:03

Pretty sure you'll see the Ioniq in Perth - there's already a bunch of the hybrid Ioniqs in Adelaide in a fleet trial. I'll have a chat to my Hyundai contact and see if I can find out more of their plans for Australia-wide release. I think it was July for the Ioniq. Kona later in the year as well as the Niro based on chatting to a Hyundai rep at a recent conference in Sydney.

I'm hoping that Hyundai's PHEV and electric models will be a turning point for EVs in Australia after a dearth of new lower cost EVs in the last 2 years.
2015 Outlander PHEV Aspire
2014 Zero SR
2013 Nissan Leaf

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Wed, 09 May 2018, 20:59

Photo from the launch tonight - the Kangoo was out for a drive at the time :)
20180509_194849.jpg
20180509_194849.jpg (201.77 KiB) Viewed 494 times
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

New Medical
Noobie

Post by New Medical » Sat, 09 Jun 2018, 20:57

We have just ordered our Zoe Intens from BBBerwick, we are in Brisbane. So far, after a full 5 working days it hasn’t arrived in Berwick from the Port of Melbourne.....

BBBerwick have been good to deal with but I sense Renault are not serious in the market.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sun, 10 Jun 2018, 12:53

New Medical wrote:
Sat, 09 Jun 2018, 20:57
We have just ordered our Zoe Intens from BBBerwick, we are in Brisbane. So far, after a full 5 working days it hasn’t arrived in Berwick from the Port of Melbourne.....

BBBerwick have been good to deal with but I sense Renault are not serious in the market.
I think you are right - Renault has a captive market for the next ~6 months. They should be selling these at a decent discount just to get them out there and fill the market void for sub $50k (and >200 km range) EVs.

Best of luck with your purchase; I hope Renault Australia tries a little harder for you!
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Tue, 24 Jul 2018, 11:25

I have actually bought a Zoe and we are loving it.
We got it for around town driving (Sydney) and it is fantastic.
Sure it is the slowest EV to 100, but has more than enough oomph at lower speeds. Beats my Peugeot turbo GT 508 at the lights (and most other non-EV cars too).
I was lusting after a Tesla 3 but long lead time, low prioritisation on RHD and the base model put me off. Then I discovered that American "small" is not so small and the Model 3 is quite a bit larger than what we wanted around town.
Replacing a petrol Volvo and even at non-offpeak electricity rates, the "fuel" cost is one eighth the Volvo's and a quarter the diesel Peugeot's. Those are my actual real world figures.
It is indeed expensive but comparable with the full purchase price in France (with no rebate and owned battery).
If cost was the sole consideration, I would not have bought it.
But we wanted an electric car. I very much liked the Nissan. However I do NOT like the fact that even in the 2018 model they have no battery temperature management. If they did have, I would probably have bought one.
Regards,
Dave

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Tue, 24 Jul 2018, 11:29

On delivery, Renault Fleet Australia said delivery within a month of ordering.
Sydney dealer said approximately 2 weeks from placing order.
It arrived at the dealer after only three days.
Then the dealer did his work but in two days rather than the quoted three days.
Total time from order to driving out the door- 1 week.
UK order to delivery is 6 months.
Regds,
Dave

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills » Tue, 24 Jul 2018, 12:36

Thanks for the update @doggy, great to hear something positive about the Zoe. Maybe if Renault tried to sell them aggressively they'd have trouble keeping up with demand?
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Jul 2014 - Jun 2018
Total Petrol: 586.8L
ODO: 42885
Av Consumption: 1.37 L/100km

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Tue, 24 Jul 2018, 13:03

Hi, I found Renault Aus and the dealer responsive and enthusiastic in Sydney.

I am glad that there is some presence now in WA and maybe their enthusiasm will increase. It would have been difficult getting one in WA with no local service or support.

They sold 8 in Mel/Sydney during the month of June. It is pretty easy selling because most buyers at the moment seem (as we did) to make up their minds and then go and test one with a view to ordering. So the selling should be rather easy for a while.

Lots of our friends and family are much more interested than I would have expected.

Cheers,
Dave

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills » Tue, 24 Jul 2018, 13:39

I have no formal evidence for this, but the very strong vibe in Oz is that a decent swag of drivers are ready to upgrade to an EV, they're just waiting for the right price/range combination to be available to buy.

From my previous experience, the only other obstacle is new vehicle salespeople dissuading the "becoming-interested-but-don't-know-much-about-them" with misinformation.

Hopefully, like the exponential uptake of domestic solar, a tsunami will build up over the next year or three to wash away the Craig Kellys and Matt Canovans of this world.
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Jul 2014 - Jun 2018
Total Petrol: 586.8L
ODO: 42885
Av Consumption: 1.37 L/100km