Half roof replacement

Tesla EVs Interest Group
Nagaman

Half roof replacement

Post by Nagaman »

A mysterious star chip in the front section, over the passengers seat, will mean around $1740 for supply and fit of a new one .
Structural, not repairable and a mystery as to how it happened as I can’t imagine the odd flying stone would have sufficient vertical force to do such damage.
Not happy as this is the second FOD in just over 1 year !

(Efficiency update: we have been doing a number of return trips to Melbourne of 250-280 kms, and the return wh/km keep coming up around 113-115. I’m not averse to B-doubles of course and 100 kph is perfectly sufficient for us.)
Nagaman

Re: Half roof replacement

Post by Nagaman »

Well it been in the Richmond service centre for more than 24 hrs so far and I’ve got the Model S loaner waiting to return for the pickup.
Maybe they are fixing the temperature sensor which is out by at least 7 degrees or the metallic rattle.
The Model 3 feels more like a hard nosed track car in comparison to the slightly more woolly S.
Another thought occurred to me........is Elon targeting the young gamers at the expense of those with slightly less than perfect eyesight with this autonomy obsession ?
doggy

Re: Half roof replacement

Post by doggy »

Are you having to pay for the roof replacement?Would it be covered by "glass" section of an insurance policy?
Cheers,
Dave
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member