Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Tesla EVs Interest Group
djsharpe
Groupie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by djsharpe » Mon, 15 Feb 2016, 19:15

Balladonia Roadhouse.(WA)
I have had a response to my request to charge. They have a 5 pin 3 ph outlet available for EVs. Rating to be advised.They are keen to offer facilities to EVs.
http://www.balladoniahotelmotel.com.au
I will contact others on the route but my bias is towards the longer range Tesla.
Last edited by coulomb on Mon, 15 Feb 2016, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

techno-phile
Noobie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by techno-phile » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 02:49

We are both planning the same trip, but you are doing it the sensible way with the tailwind and gaining 20mins of daylight each day (to avoid the roos).

AEVA Perth (& Adelaide?) are considering sponsoring 32 amp 3 phase 5 pin sockets at the Nullarbor roadhouses, and I have Balladonia (just extension cable required), Border Village (32 amp socket needed), Nullarbor RH (32amp socket needed), Penong (already set up) organised. Before and after this stretch there are numerous 3phase sockets already, although I have agreed to donate $80 to Ceduna Men's shed to install theirs.
When are you travelling?

techno-phile
Noobie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by techno-phile » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 02:51

It would be good to get one of Caiguna, Cocklebiddy, Madura, Mundrabilla, Eucla on side, and Madura is my best prospect so far.

djsharpe
Groupie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by djsharpe » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 12:15

Hi David,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have 3 phase outlets available, and it would depend on the time of year you are travelling. We would not be able to supply 3 x 15Amp power point during peak season. Our peak season runs from March to November.

Regards,

Reception
Port Augusta BIG4 Holiday Park

T 1800 833 444
F (08) 8642 6455
A Cnr Highway One & Stokes Terrace, Port Augusta, SA, 5700
This was response from PA Holiday Park.
Im not going until later in the year. If coming to Melb let me know.

techno-phile
Noobie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by techno-phile » Tue, 16 Feb 2016, 15:33

I will be flying back from Adelaide to Perth in first week of May, but my partner in this venture is continuing to Melbourne by end May.
Once we have verified all the 3 phase outlets I have identified (16 so far with 12 pending), and obtained the owner's permission, I will post them on www.plugshare.com and onto the Tesla owners'map.
Why were you inquiring about 3 single phase 15amp sockets? There are more than enough 3 phase sockets except for the Nullarbor roadhouses.
More inquiries to the Caiguna to Eucla (especially Madura) ones may convince them of the demand.

MDK
Groupie

Melb to Perth by Tesla?

Post by MDK » Mon, 02 May 2016, 12:43

techno-phile and I leave on our Perth-Adelaide trip today!
He'll be flying back from Adelaide while I continue on to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane

Live tracking map available here

Thanks to the AEVA for sponsoring 3phase power sockets along the Nullarbor