I3S CCS2 DC charging woes

BMW i3 discussion forum
Jon8
Noobie

I3S CCS2 DC charging woes

Post by Jon8 »

There is only 1 CCS2 public charger in Perth that I know of at UWA and it works fine. But the 20kw Setec portable charger in the shed which came with CCS2 cable wont talk with the I3S. So wanting to head South I got a CCS1 to CCS2 adaptor cable, tested it at the RAC headquarters CCS1 charger and got a full charge . Happy with that, headed South last Sunday. Got a charge at Donnybrook on the way down, but on the way back, I was charging merrily away, but then charging stopped with CCS fault. Tried a few times to restart no luck. Had enough range to get to Harvey but no go with CCS charging there. But the I3S will take 11kw 3 phase so charged on that to get home. Since then the software on the RAC Highway Circontrol chargers is being progressively updated. Will give it try at Mandurah this weekend.
jonescg

Re: I3S CCS2 DC charging woes

Post by jonescg »

Glad it's working out. I guess it would be up to the local governments as to whether or not they upgrade the CCS-1 to CCS-2.
How's the range on the new i3-s?
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
Jon8
Noobie

Post by Jon8 »

The range is 200km on eco at 100kph. I see in the rules that you have to make 30 posts before you can list gear for sale ? I have a lot of J1772 chargers and cables I dont need now, wondering if I can list them ?
rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills »

@Jon8 , as an AEVA Member, you are able to post in the For Sale section regardless of how many previous posts you have made.
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
  • 2022 Tesla M3 MIC LR
  • 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
    Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Jul 2022
    Total Petrol: 889.8L
    ODO: 88417
    Av Consumption: 1.01 L/100km
Aevzer
Noobie

Post by Aevzer »

good to know this has been fixed. my friend got the same issue. I may have to suggest these tips