Looking for ccs file for 2010/2011 DMoC 445

Technical discussion for the Blade
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hi all - am wondering if anyone has a .ccs file for their 445 DMoC? Have finally got the computer to talk to my controller, but I don't have the specific ccs file for my 445 DMoC - and the 445 ccs I have hacked to try the trick of writing in the right build code won't work. Am presuming the ccs file I have is too old for my controller. (Mine is a MKV 2011 build Electron). Hoping there may be one out there before I give up and just replace the controller with something supported!

Cheers
Bryce
RIUM+
Noobie

Post by RIUM+ »

While attempting to do some troubleshooting myself a few years ago, I came across a .ccs for another EV that also used the DMOC445. I never tried it because my DMOC was dead, and the replacement logic board died too. Just in case it's of any use to you, I've attached that .ccs, WYE & DELTA to this message.

My story is that my DMOC's original logic board died. I couldn't find any cause for the failure nor any failed components on the board. I managed to source two replacement logic boards but they didn't have the right software on them. I sent them to Mr Blade, who flashed them to the correct settings (apparently he had to send them overseas to get this done as he didn't have the ability to flash raw logic boards any more). At the time I couldn't find any way to extract the settings files from the board. I fitted one replacement board and it worked perfectly... for 150km before it died too. I couldn't find any cause for this second failure nor any failed components on this board. My gut feeling is that something in the high power side wasn't properly isolated from the logic board and it was frying its cpu, but I couldn't find the source. I didn't want to just swap to my final logic board without fixing the problem lest I end up stranded with a dead vehicle again. So I sent the car back to Mr Blade, who swapped the motor controller with a Curtis 1239E & did the other necessary modifications as part of a hybrid R/S conversion.

This does mean that I have a spare logic board for the DMOC445 that has already been flashed by Mr Blade to the correct software for a 2011 model MkV Blade Electron. I verified that it at least booted up when sitting on my workbench back then but I never installed it in my DMOC; let me know if it interests you.

DMOC445.zip
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Many thanks for that! Will have another go at booting it up to run CCShell. (Not today though - is already too hot for it to cooperate).
NB: Mine works fine ... for a few minutes at a time that is. All I want is the fault codes - am hoping it is nothing more than one of the 4 internal thermistors it apears to have. After that, will probably do a Tritium brain transplant if needed - having an unsupported controller that is renouned as unreliable is not my idea of a day-to-day car! However, will do a bit of thinking re your board if thermistors are not the prob ....
Cheers
Bryce
P.S. Owe you a beer or 3 when next you're in Melb/at an EV event. :)
adam curtis
Noobie

Re: Looking for ccs file for 2010/2011 DMoC 445

Post by adam curtis »

Hi, I'm the proud new owner of a DMOC445 and I need to find this CCShell tool everyone is talking about. Any chance someone could share it here?
Thanks!
Adam
Bryce

Re: Looking for ccs file for 2010/2011 DMoC 445

Post by Bryce »

Hi Adam - PM me with an email address and I can send you some programs and files - not sure what will work though.
Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter