Refurbished Blade EV for sale-see for sale section

Technical discussion for the Blade
Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce » Fri, 17 Jan 2014, 17:17

Hi all - have popped a for sale ad for a Blade Electron in the 'for sale' section. Ad from a fellow AEVA member who is new to the forum & not familiar with how to post!

Car is in very good condition, and drives well. (Have driven it myself). Sadly, like all Blades, it needs to be owned by a technically savvy EV tinkerer type to keep it going reliably - which the current owners are not.

Be good to see it kept in Melb - but given the cheap cost of car freighting these days, it would be suitable for anyone in Aust really!

Cheers
Bryce

bladecar
Groupie

Post by bladecar » Sun, 19 Jan 2014, 19:27

Hi,

I agree that you need to know someone electronically-savvy to be very comfortable while driving/owning a Blade (but this is true of any electric car).   I found someone of that calibre in Brisbane and so I have no concerns as I drive my Mk 6 Blade around the city.
     The Mk 6 Electron has 4600 km on it now and it has removed the stress I would feel as I watch the price of unleaded, never mind premium, go to 1.63 L, as of today. It is my "around-town" car and I have taken to leaving it on charge whenever I am not using it, no matter what the charge in the car.

Every car owner prefers to know a highly-trained "technician" with lots of experience who can fault-find any car: petrol, diesel and gas cars included.
I have a friend who has left his Iveco small truck with real Iveco agents and they have not been able to find out why the thing drops back to "limp-mode" sooner or later, no matter what they claim they have done to "fix it".

I think the imiev (yesterday's "car's guide (bulls*it)", complete with beautiful colour photo of imiev with "imiev" number plate" tells how no imievs were sold in 2013 because they are no good. Such a wonderful source of information. To fix the imiev, you either find yourself a highly-skilled acquaintence with lots of free time, good-will so that it doesn't cost you the earth, or you rely on Mitsubishi to have a good man (but it will relatively-speaking cost you the earth if a problem were to be unusual.

The Blade frees you from the major manufacturers, but you need to find a good man to fault-find when something goes wrong.
The other makes are probably generally better performers, but you know who you will be dealing with as long as you own the car.
Petrol car: "Hi, I'm in for a service. How much will that be?"
"$280"
"Why, what will you be doing to it? It doesn't seem to have a problem right now."

If only that extra money would be spent on designing more good evs (like BMW seems to have done). Now for it to be affordable.

adelaide-ev
Groupie

Post by adelaide-ev » Sun, 19 Jan 2014, 20:38

bladecar wrote:
I think the imiev (yesterday's "car's guide (bulls*it)", complete with beautiful colour photo of imiev with "imiev" number plate" tells how no imievs were sold in 2013 because they are no good. Such a wonderful source of information.

Yes, if none were sold last year, then what's that sitting in my driveway????

I sent a suitable, terse reply to the editor - wonder if I'll get a response?
Last edited by adelaide-ev on Sun, 19 Jan 2014, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Sun, 19 Jan 2014, 20:46

adelaidle-ev i haven't seen the article but i would say we all purchased ex-demos so they have already been "sold" to the dealer not sure if they came up on the statitics, if you are selective you can get statitics to say anything. but yes my car was regoed in 2013 and i brought it last year aswell, but i did buy it as a ex-demo

adelaide-ev
Groupie

Post by adelaide-ev » Sun, 19 Jan 2014, 20:53

Gabz, I did wonder if our run out sales counted but my imiev was sold as brand new, complianced 2013 as well - so I reckon it counts!