Forum starter

Technical discussion for the Blade
Bryce

Forum starter

Post by Bryce »

It occurred to me the other day (as I delved deep into my electrics tracing an annoying fault) that it would be good to share our collective wisdom and create a support group to keep as many of them on the road as we can.

Therefore proposing this forum to be a support to owners of these vehicles in swapping fixes, work-arounds, parts suppliers and general notes about our collection of Blade EV’s.

It would also be interesting to know just how many of them there are around. Perhaps a Blade EV register may be worth setting up?

Another interesting thread would be the sorts of Wh/km people get. (Mine varies wildly between 165 and 240 - that's at the outlet - depending on heater use).

Anyway, over to you. Will put up a couple of notes and fixes of mine in the next few days.

Cheers
Bryce
BigMouse

Forum starter

Post by BigMouse »

It's a shame that there seems to be so many issues with these. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a busted one to play around with though.
Bryce

Forum starter

Post by Bryce »

They do bob up from time to time. A busted one is a good & relatively cheap entry to EV's, so long as you don't mind getting down and dirty with the systems. I don't mind that - but its not to everybody's taste.

Cheers
Bryce
Last edited by Bryce on Mon, 29 Jul 2013, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
whimpurinter

Forum starter

Post by whimpurinter »

Hi Bryce,

Good to hear from you and know that you have an Electron. Which Mk is it? Mine is a Mk 6 with the TM4 stuff. I haven't done any working out of energy use. I'd be interested in your method of working it out. What instrumentation do you use etc.
whimpurinter

Forum starter

Post by whimpurinter »

Forgotten how to make a new post so I'll say here that on "The Business" on ABC there is a video report showing whoever owns the AEVA number plate on his IMiev. He'll know who he is   :)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-29/a ... ns/4851706
acmotor

Forum starter

Post by acmotor »

That's AEVA's own Daryl Budgeon. Another happy iMiEV owner. Image
Report didn't mention Blade as an EV avail in Oz ? Image

Yep, Estonia.
50% subsidy on the purchase of electric vehicles
Fast Charging stations every 40 to 60km. 700 installed so far.
One in 1000 vehicles electric.
Government actually intent on EV progress.

Australia.
Purchase subsidy Zip.
What is it 4 fast charging stations, perhaps only one government subsidised ? Google shows my nearest fast charging station 2900km (MMAL)
One in 50,000 vehicles electric.
Government intent on subsidising ICE manufacture and using the ESC option to block a local, while commercial vehicles again are considered to not have to be safe.

Sorry to stretch the topic Bryce. Image

Yes, a register of Blade owners and info exchange would be good.Image

I was soooo disappointed at what happened to Bernie Hobbs with her Blade problems. Image

converted RedSuzi, the first industrial AC induction motor conversion
on to iMiEV MY12 did 114,463km
now Tesla Model 3, 4/2021 MIC pearl white
Bryce

Forum starter

Post by Bryce »

Hi Bladecar - mine is a 2011 Mk V. (Ex Canberra Gov fleet car). Has the Azure Dynamics drive gear. Goes well, with the caveat that I do spend a bit of time working on it. Has 15000 odd k's on now. (Bought it at 11 at the start of the year).

Cheers
Bryce
Bryce

Forum starter

Post by Bryce »

D'oh, sorry Bladecar - forgot to add the Wh/km note: I built a J1772 charger with kWh meter (and timer to get the off-peak rate :)
I keep a running sheet of km traveled, kWh reading at start and finish, and a few notes on the type of driving and electrical use. At the end of the month I do the maths for each day to find the between charges kW/km from the socket. Will upgrade the instrumentation to a Metric Mind gauge sometime in the next 12 months - will then be able to read it direct (not including charger losses of course as it will be in-car readings).

Cheers
Bryce
Last edited by Bryce on Tue, 30 Jul 2013, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Jodie
Noobie

Forum starter

Post by Jodie »

Hi Bryce
Picked up Janes Blade today.
How did you go for insurance on your mkV?