iMiev - Working Cruise Control Kit, not even very expensive

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
Raphael303
Noobie

iMiev - Working Cruise Control Kit, not even very expensive

Post by Raphael303 »

Hi All

I recently bought and installed a Cruise Control for my iMiev. Since I have been looking around for quite some time and felt unsure about ordering the one I finally ordered I want to share my experience here for others interested.

It was 185 UKP and they shipped it to Switzerland from the UK. On import I payed another 30ish Euros.

https://www.canm8.com/precision-cruise- ... -miev.html

Installation manual was almost completely comprehensive, just one cable (ground) was not available from the kit, but was referred to in the manual. It works without it, since it seems to get ground from the pedal.

Installation took me about 1h, but it's doable in 15-30 minutes, if you know how.

It works very well, has two memory settings, which are a bit of a pain to store. Sometimes it has a little bit of trouble to hold the speed when it goes up and down, can go +/- 2kph rarely 3ph from set speed. Don't know if that is normal with CC, but for me that is alright.

I think about installing another one in our second iMiev and make a Video of the installation, if there is interest.
Let me know.

Best wishes
Raphael
brendon_m

Re: iMiev - Working Cruise Control Kit, not even very expensive

Post by brendon_m »

I have one in my Imiev, the memory function is black magic to set up but is a great feature.
Mine also tends to surge when pressing set by a few kilometres, more noticeable at low speeds and/or when not in ECO. Pretty normal for aftermarket cruise controls, though some brands have settings to adjust to get rid of that (or at least tone it down). Not bad, just not quite as refined as a modern day car with factory cruise control, more like a 90s car.
Doesn't have any issues with maintaining speed on hills etc once it has fully engaged at the set speed.
It cost me $360AUD (202£ Inc postage) by the time it was landed in Perth, WA.
Miroslav
Noobie

Post by Miroslav »

Hi Raphael,
Did you buy the OBD for it?
Ideally, I'd like to have the OBD port free so I can have the bluetooth adapter for Canion in it.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Mine just had 2 CAN wires that were spliced into the OBD harness so the port is still free for scan tools/Bluetooth adaptors
Miroslav
Noobie

Post by Miroslav »

That's great to know, thanks Brendon.