Parts car?

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
adoepner
Noobie

Parts car?

Post by adoepner »

Does anyone on this forum have a parts car? I’m looking to buy a few small parts:

1) Seat heat switches and connector (with a good length of wire)

2) Coolant pump from heater circuit (with connectors and a good length of wire).

I’m installing an Espar D5 hydronic heater and want the install to look and feel as stock as possible.

Thanks!

Andrew
zzcoopej
Groupie

Re: Parts car?

Post by zzcoopej »

adoepner wrote: Thu, 03 Dec 2020, 09:22
I’m installing an Espar D5 hydronic heater and want the install to look and feel as stock as possible.
Before you go to all that expense, just checking you have ruled out using something like this - https://www.autobarn.com.au/ac62514
I haven't used one myself, however I remember hearing of other iMiEV owners who have saying its pretty good if you drive alone, especially in Australia where the winters are pretty mild.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Personally I run with one of these under my seat cover.
https://perthpowers.com/products/heated ... 20Shopping
Screenshot_2020-12-03-19-16-59-911_com.android.chrome.png
Screenshot_2020-12-03-19-16-59-911_com.android.chrome.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 335 times
You can also just buy the heating pads by themselves and fit them to the factory seats under the upholstery for the full OE look
adoepner
Noobie

Post by adoepner »

I’m in Canada. The OEM PTC heater just doesn’t put out enough heat to keep the windshield warm when there is freezing rain or snow or freezing road spray. No choice but to install the Espar. It is a common modification here.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Andrew, I've missed where you mention what car you have to match up what switches you are looking for to get the stock equipment look. My Prius has had seat heater pads added by Jason, the previous owner, he used 3 way rocker switches mounted on the side of the seat so they are not really seen and in a very handy spot for switch to hi or low heat positions, or off when the bum gets too warm :lol:
Will the hydronic heater be diesel, LPG or petrol? I watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers where they did up a VW Thing and it had a petrol/air heater because the air cooled engine just didn't supply enough warm for the cold climate.
Even here in Australia, the RV market use diesel/air heaters and LPG/air heaters a lot to warm the larger area in an RV so this sort of thing could be adapted to produce the warm air required for window demisting. If the hydronics is also going to be used to keep the battery cells warm, then that is a different story.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
adoepner
Noobie

Post by adoepner »

I'm going with hydronic to use the OEM heater core and heater coolant circuit - it is a pretty common mod here, and also in northern Europe. The Espar heater will not be used to heat the battery. I want to use some of the blank switch positions in the dash, hence looking for stock switches.