Minicab Miev in Perth?

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
tonka128
Noobie

Minicab Miev in Perth?

Post by tonka128 »

Hi All,
Am seriously contemplating bringing in a Minicab
Wondering if there is someine in Perth with one that would let me have a sit in to make sure I fit.
Im 6'6" so I cant just order a car and expect it to fit.
I have been a fan of Kei cars for a while and atm I have 2x Daihatsu Moves.. (yup I fit in them)
The plan has been to do a conversion on one of the moves.
Just too frikkin busy with the business and life in general and cant see myself getting around to it.
Anyone have a Minicab that would be happy to meet up?
broombroom
Noobie

Re: Minicab Miev in Perth?

Post by broombroom »

Hi Tonka, I don't have a minicab but i am just replying because i am also in perth and also very interested in the minicab, so if we do find one we can let the other know! Theres a fbook group "australian imiev minicab owners" and some members in there have done of modifications to the minicab, might be a good place to research also :)
praxidice
Groupie

Re: Minicab Miev in Perth?

Post by praxidice »

I'm too far to be of assistance, but they have heaps of room, seriously doubt you'd have a problem. One issue to be aware of, there are a few in Australia that were specially modified for the Japanese Post Office and are readily identifiable by the red colour. They are two-seaters and have a load barrier behind the seats which limits how far the seats can move and recline. If you get one of those you will probably need to remove the load barrier. They also have a few other additions like rear window bars, an additional light in the cargo area, cigarette lighter removed and ashtray blocked off but those won't bother you. All these came in with stuff-all kilometers (mine had 15, although its up to 25,000 after nearly three years. Big plus is the later battery which reportedly lasts almost forever.