minicab miev charging help

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
greggy
Noobie

minicab miev charging help

Post by greggy »

My new to me minicab miev registered on friday, saturday fitted android head unit, blew a wire, replaced a the wire and now central locking, interior lights don't work and it won't charge.
any help would be appreciated.
Johny

Re: minicab miev charging help

Post by Johny »

Locate the fusebox and check all the fuses. If you have the owners manual it should tell you which fuse does interior lights etc.
Oh - and I'd remove the "wire" to the head unit until you understand why it caused the trouble.
4Springs
Site Admin

Post by 4Springs »

Oh no!
Hope you can get it to the meeting on Wednesday week - I'd love to see it!
mikedufty

Post by mikedufty »

I did something similar with the i-MiEV trying to fit a reversing beeper, it even had scary warning messages on the dashboard, took me a while to work out I had just blown a fuse. It uses tiny little fuses, I suspect the minicab is the same.
greggy
Noobie

Post by greggy »

Hi, The Problem after much frustration and Gnashing of teeth was Fixed, thanks for all the help, It was a fuse, Number 26 to be accurate, I only have the Japanese language manual, but my son translated the relevant bits, and I cross referenced an online I-miev manual. Being told to look for a fuse was comfoting to say the least.
I had already removed the head unit, to be reinstalled later once I get my nerve back.
I will be bringing the little wee Beastie to the next meeting and I thank Clive for leaving the Association details on my windscreen a couple of days ago, I am already a member and thus knew about the meeting already and look forward to chatting with all who attend. I was really re-inspired to buy the minicab after talking to the members at the Bunnings sausage sizzle a few months back, so I'm looking forward to Much more electric propulsion in the future.
Greg
Johny

Post by Johny »

Great that it was fairly simple (easy to say once the nerves calm down) Greg.
Love to hear about the progress of the Minicab as time goes by.
It's a vehicle I have my eye on if my DIY ever has a non-repairable accident.