Page 2 of 2

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 14:34
by Johny
It will be interesting to see why they bothered with an EV only mode and what it actually means.
In the 2014, unless you sink the boot in or run out of battery - it's EV only anyway.

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 15:22
by zzcoopej
Johny wrote: why they bothered with an EV only mode and what it actually means.
In the 2014, unless you sink the boot in or run out of battery - it's EV only anyway.


I've yet to meet a PHEV owner (maybe you're the first?) who doesn't want an "EV only" button, because watching the power gauge is painful. Even once mastered, you always miss out on that last 5kW as you don't want to get too close to the ICE point. The fact is that a guy in Europe sells the "PHEV box" vtechtuning.eu/phev-box.html which is an aftermarket "EV only" solution. There wouldn't be a solution if there wasn't a problem. I don't have the "PHEV box" however a friend who has one says it makes the PHEV much more fun to drive as EV only which seems a pretty common goal of PHEV owners. Its fantastic to hear that Mitsu are listening to their customers, even if it took 3+ years to respond.

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 15:28
by HHL
They could also do a software update on the old model and have the ECO button do the same (if they really wanted to Image

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 16:25
by Johny
zzcoopej wrote:I've yet to meet a PHEV owner (maybe you're the first?) who doesn't want an "EV only" button, because watching the power gauge is painful. Even once mastered, you always miss out on that last 5kW as you don't want to get too close to the ICE point....
Yes - perhaps I am. You have to run ICE every few months anyway so what does it matter if you do it in small stints.
EvBatMon can be used as a alarm (that the ICE is about to kick in) if folk are that concerned.

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 16:46
by zzcoopej
reecho wrote: I spoke with the MMAU product specialist at the AEVA AGM.

MY17 Outlander PHEV's



Not Shayna Welsh by any chance? I've just found this article MY17

which interestingly says
the PHEV will get improved throttle response and acceleration, while a small enhancement to battery capacity and range will see the high-rider sail up to 60km on electric only power.

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Mon, 31 Oct 2016, 19:46
by zzcoopej
HHL wrote: They could also do a software update on the old model and have the ECO button do the same


Interestingly, the MY17 has both the old "Eco Mode" button on the dash AND a new "EV" button near 4wd lock. I agree with you HHL, remapping the Eco button would have sufficed as the PHEV already has enough buttons.
Also, the MY17 has electric handbrake with an "Auto Hold" button which I assume is a hillstart assist?

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Tue, 01 Nov 2016, 03:09
by reecho
zzcoopej wrote:
reecho wrote: I spoke with the MMAU product specialist at the AEVA AGM.

MY17 Outlander PHEV's



Not Shayna Welsh by any chance? I've just found this article MY17

which interestingly says
the PHEV will get improved throttle response and acceleration, while a small enhancement to battery capacity and range will see the high-rider sail up to 60km on electric only power.


No....It was Craig Norris. He is the national PHEV Sales Manager...

Chademo charger for the Outlander?

Posted: Fri, 25 Nov 2016, 23:33
by Sopley13
Thanks for that information. I wonder if the software will be onboard to allow connection to house inverter/battery charger?