Canion dongle

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
Malm
Groupie
AIM: Est. da Lameira, Ed. Choupal, Bl. A , 2º D

Canion dongle

Post by Malm »

No problem witth mine since I use samsung Note 3. Running all the time and a great amount of data. But I follow them with my eyes.
I-MiEV owner from Portugal - 81000 km
offgridQLD

Canion dongle

Post by offgridQLD »

I wouldn't think it's a performance issue with the 2013 nexus 7 as it's a fairly powerful tablet. Having wifi on or off and other Bluetooth divices on or off makes no differances.

It's more like a software bug as it's so random. Perhaps in the dongle though my guess it's not agreeing with something in the android divice itself.

Anyone who has a 2013 nexus 7 try this simple task. Stream music to your divice via wifi (not 3G) Pandora is a easy app to use .when your streaming music and it's coming out the nexus 7s speakers then try strewing the music to a Bluetooth headset or spreakers. What you will find is the music is a stuttering mess . This isn't a power/ performance issue as the same task can be performed on a 4 year old iPhone and works perfect and the nexus 7 is many times more powerful. It's a bug in the nexus 7 or android software. So it wouldn't suprise me if there are ather Bluetooth issues.

Kurt
reecho

Canion dongle

Post by reecho »

Tried the OBDLink MX on the I with a borrowed Samsung tablet. Looks like batt temps and volts are not reported on my 2010. Are these broadcast on the CAN?. Maybe some development with Canion will get this going???

Everything else appeared to work...
g4qber

Canion dongle

Post by g4qber »

That is interesting cos I tested one imiev with the better place cable present and canion 118 running on nexus 7 first gen n it worked apart from accel pedal info and possibly the heater.

However ant's 2010 imiev doesn't show batt temp nor voltages
Nothing would surprise me.

Can we meet sometime reecho? Pls pm me.
Last edited by g4qber on Sat, 31 May 2014, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Model 3 SR+ - Delivered Fri 17 Jan ‘20 - k kms 58
2009 Tango - http://www.evalbum.com/211
reecho

Canion dongle

Post by reecho »

PM sent... Image