Car Seat Covers and other Accessories :)

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
bindi
Groupie

Post by bindi »

Anyone found car seat covers for the i-miev - what size fits?

Anyone fitted any other good accessories??

Anyone installed reversing camera/sensors?? I know it is a small car but I am really not good at parking and if I dent it there will be tears!

For a boot protector Aldi had non slip mats on sale the other day for $10 which I just cut to size and it works perfectly.

Anyone gone with a new LCD monitor head unit for gps/radio/bluetooth etc? If yes what brand? How did it go?

Also anyone gone for personalized plates?? I really wanted something that announced it was an EV - and thought NO C02 would be perfect, but it is already taken in QLD, and I can't think of anything that would beat that. So in the end I ordered a small magnet with my last vista print order that says "Petrol Free Electric Vehicle" which I have put on the back left hand side. Have had a few random strangers in the street come up and chat to me about the car - they come up point to the sign and say 'Is that really true, I didn't even know that existed'. :))
Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra »

Mitsubishi list a boot liner and I ordered one but the dealer seems to have forgotten. I will have to remind them. I like that it has a lip so if a bottle of something leaks in the shopping it will be contained.
We have the originally fitted Eclipse brand GPS stereo thingy. I read up on this. An accessory for it is a reversing camera that just plugs into it. I got it fitted and it works very well, completely unobtrusive and way better than the view from the mirrors.
Eclipse is a common brand of GPS radio thingy so I expect it or similar could be fitted readily to the model with the standard stereo and it would be neater for the reversing camera than having to provide a separate screen.
I have not bothered with personalised number plates.
My converted electric car has stickers on the back to say it is electric but people don't register that as much as they notices the bunch of bright plastic flowers I have emanating from the place where the exhaust pipe used to be. That really gets the message across!
Last edited by Peter C in Canberra on Sun, 16 Feb 2014, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

I've fitted 2 cars seats for miss 1 and miss 3, that was a good accessory.

the AEVA bummer sticker would look good on the back, ask your qld state division for one.

I would like a number plate surround as personalised plates cost too much in nsw https://twitter.com/ChargePointnet/stat ... 76/photo/1 chargepoint ones are nice but kick gas doesn't make much sense in Australia
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

something like this maybe it's $39.95 for 1 or $219.50 for 10 or $21.95 each
Peter C in Canberra

Good idea for the number plate surround. I'd take several. I would much rather advertise AEVA and electric vehicles generally than a car dealership.
In conjunction with one of these:
http://electricauto.site-ym.com/store/V ... ?id=660984
it would make sense to put one on your petrol car too.

What I would really like is a large sticker for the rear that says in very few words that 1) the car is electric, 2) No, it is not a hybrid, and 3) it is running on GreenPower.
The best suggestion has been "100% Electric Car" printed text with "^ clean" inserted above in cursive text.
I would make this as a large sticker to fit the flat area of the iMiEV bumper.
Last edited by Peter C in Canberra on Mon, 17 Feb 2014, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.
offgridQLD

Post by offgridQLD »

I'm running roof racks on my Imiev.

Kurt

Gabz

Post by Gabz »

Peter C in Canberra wrote: Good idea for the number plate surround. I'd take several. I would much rather advertise AEVA and electric vehicles generally than a car dealership.

it looks like economies of scale will play to our advantage. I did a google and found these guys numberplateframes.com.au

probably find some other ones with more google but i can't seen any good ones.

FYI your pictures didn't upload because you a '%' character in the file name. stick to a-zA-Z and 0-9 for all files

Peter C in Canberra

Thanks re the '%'. I have updated my post and my sticker idea now shows up. I am thinking that the plain black simple text on white background would show up well and be legible to car drivers behind .
Last edited by Peter C in Canberra on Mon, 17 Feb 2014, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
bindi
Groupie

Post by bindi »

Roof racks! Wow!!!

I have had a few quotes come back on custom seat covers as I have no idea if standard ones would fit! - about $220 for fabric ones, $900 for sheepskin.

Love the idea of the licence plate surround :)))

This is the photo of my magnet solution :))

Gabz

Post by Gabz »

How about this design ?
bindi
Groupie

Post by bindi »

Nice :)
offgridQLD

Post by offgridQLD »

roof racks are available from ebay $359 for two complete with locks(it's actually just roof rack city selling through ebay) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thule-Silver ... a37&_uhb=1

Thule is a quality european (Swedish) brand of aftermarket roof racks. They do three styles for the imiev. cheapest is a basic (black square bar) Next is silver rounded bar and the ones I linked to and have on my Imiev are there wing design. All city crash tested to 100kg . They took about 15min to fit the first time getting them adjusted. Then after that it takes about 2 min to remove them or put them back on. They are key lockable to. Minimal noise on the freeway and only 1 or 2% consumption gain, even less at low speeds(empty racks).

I got them so I can carrying long items from the hardware store and our bikes, kayak. Handy for the odd time I have people in the back seat and needed to carry something.

A few weekends back we went to a few garage sales. We put a electric garden mulcher complete in the back and had other long gear on the racks.Not somthing I use every day but very handy having them when I need them.

Image[/IMG]

Kurt
Last edited by offgridQLD on Mon, 17 Feb 2014, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Comet
Noobie

Post by Comet »

What car seat covers did you buy?
I enquired to get sheepskin as I plan to keep my imiev for a long time, so figured it would be worth the expense.
They did not have a template for the seats, so wondered if Mitsubishi used the same seats in any other models?
I-miev it in MY10 with extras!
Comet
Noobie

Post by Comet »

What car seat covers did you buy and where from?
I-miev it in MY10 with extras!