Carwings connectivity

Nissan EV Interest Group
undy
Noobie

Carwings connectivity

Post by undy »

I'm struggling with this, help welcome. The problem relates to 2012 model LEAF that I bought used a few weeks ago.

I have (from NIssan) a user id/password for CARWINGS, a logon and password for the LEAF portal (http://owners.nissan.com.au/portal) and I also have an account on NissanConnect (https://www.nissanconnect.com.au).

I can connect to both the NissanConnect and the LEAF portals using the respective logons/passwords.

On the car I try to set the user id and password, but after a (realistic) delay, I get a message (screen and voice) - to use service, you need to create an account. I've tried that multiple times with both the CARWINGS credentials and the LEAF portal credentials.

On my phone I have the NissanConnect app through which I can access the NissanConnect website but it can't connect to the car (which is configured as a Pulsar as LEAF wasn't an available model). It asks me to pair with the car using Bluetooth even when the car is already paired. I can see that (in the US) there is a distinct app for the LEAF, but I'm geo-blocked from that.

Any bright ideas for things to try over the weekend before I get back to Nissan ?
reecho

Re: Carwings connectivity

Post by reecho »

Has the telematics module been changed?
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hi there-has the old 2G SIM been changed to 3G? (Nissan were contacting owners and doing this for free a couple of years ago).
Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
undy
Noobie

Post by undy »

reecho wrote: Tue, 05 Feb 2019, 12:49 Has the telematics module been changed?
I don't know, from the potted history the previous owner gave me, I think not.
undy
Noobie

Post by undy »

Bryce wrote: Tue, 05 Feb 2019, 13:01 Hi there-has the old 2G SIM been changed to 3G? (Nissan were contacting owners and doing this for free a couple of years ago).
Cheers
Bryce
Yes and I'm fairly happy that it has been activated - it looks as though the car now connects to something when attempting the authorisation.

Waiting on Nissan, thanks for the suggestions.
plnEV
Noobie

Post by plnEV »

I don't believe that NissanConnect and Carwings are available or supported by Nissan in Australia!