2018 Leaf spotted...

Nissan EV Interest Group
memecode
Groupie

2018 Leaf spotted...

Post by memecode »

I saw a 2018 Leaf today on Parramatta Rd. Had trade plates on.

"Any day now...."

I also saw an Ioniq a few months back heading up Roseville Bridge. What luck, neither are available publicly. Shame it took so long to get here, I had to buy a car this year (ICE unfortunately) and they both missed the shortlist because we are so far behind other markets.
rhills
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Leaf spotted...

Post by rhills »

I have vowed never to buy another ICE vehicle, but I'm fortunate that my life circumstances enable me to commit to that without too much "inconvenience".

It's now up to the manufacturers to bring something to Oz that will entice me to buy if they want to sell me something.
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
  • 2022 Tesla M3 MIC LR
  • 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
    Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Jul 2022
    Total Petrol: 889.8L
    ODO: 88417
    Av Consumption: 1.01 L/100km
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

My CRX is pretty close to unserviceable, but I can't afford an EV to replace it. So I have to stump up to maintain it and sweath the two-wheeled options as long as I can. We would like to buy a used Leaf (maybe from Japan) in the first half of next year, but it's got to be under $14k.

Very frustrating when there are options swirling around in the world and none wash up over here.
AEVA National President, returning WA branch chair.
memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode »

jonescg wrote: Fri, 12 Oct 2018, 13:09 My CRX is pretty close to unserviceable, but I can't afford an EV to replace it. So I have to stump up to maintain it and sweath the two-wheeled options as long as I can. We would like to buy a used Leaf (maybe from Japan) in the first half of next year, but it's got to be under $14k.

Very frustrating when there are options swirling around in the world and none wash up over here.
Same same... I'm constantly on the look out for decently priced EV motor/controller combo because maybe I could take the my Tiida with a dead engine and do a conversion? Said Tiida was our daily driver up until this year when the head gasket went. Cost of fixing was very close to just junking the whole thing and buying a similar age car. The interesting thing is the head room and leg room still fits my 6ft+ kids. Lots of large sedans don't (and I expect the Leaf and Ioniq also). So it's actually a decent donor option, apart from it looking blegh. It's not super heavy... 1200kg. And has a decent safety rating + 6 airbags.