TTXGP bike racing this weekend at ipswitch

For Queensland Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi » Thu, 19 Jul 2012, 15:48

Hi all,
In case you are not already aware, there is TTXGP /eFXC electric superbike racing at Ipswitch this weekend. Practice on Friday and racing Sat and Sun.
See http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au for details.

There will be 2 closely match bikes racing using different technologies. Both from Sydney.

Feel free to come along and hang out in the pits.

Call me if you need any info. 0409 601 747.

Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Thu, 19 Jul 2012, 16:48

a4x4kiwi wrote:In case you are not already aware, there is TTXGP /eFXC electric superbike racing at Ipswitch this weekend.

Thanks Mal. I thought I'd find out what an FX-superbike was, and I was reading through the rules when I came across this:

"The ECU may not be psychically modified"

So make sure they don't catch Uri Geller hanging around your bike or you'll be disqualified. Image
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 19 Jul 2012, 17:38

Hahahha psychically...Image

I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to catching you guys there. Shame the West Australian entry can't be there Image

Next year though...
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb » Mon, 23 Jul 2012, 03:33

I went along to see the race today. I've never been to a racetrack in my life, so it was a very new experience for me. I can say I look forward to the day when most of the vehicles are electric, and they only put the petrol bikes and cars on at lunchtime as a historical diversion. Man, those things (the petrol bikes in the adjacent pits) were rudely loud   Image

It was great to see the bikes that I'd only seen in pictures; it's always so different to see things in person. I have great respect for you racing guys; you go to a lot of trouble, come a long way, and spend a lot of money, only to get trumped by the "grid girls" (at least as far as commentary was concerned). The two bikes were so quiet, and were totally unannounced, so I was still trying to read the program when Weber and I realised they had already started! Image

Still, the message is getting out, even if somewhat muffled by the powers that be. Thanks, guys!
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.