ecectric work buggy controller

AC, DC, amps, volts and kilowatt. It's all discussed in here
drspastic
Noobie

Post by drspastic »

hi, i got a pile of wheelchair parts and i made a 2 driven wheels buggy with front castor style pneumatic wheel so i use the original controller (shark11 i think)

because the buggy needs more power off road, i want to add a powered trailer section and lose the front castor so its more like an articulated steer loader.

2 separate controllers will be a pain to work, so what suggestions have you guys?

will i need a computer to work out the steering or just link the data lines from one joystick to the next.

the current buggy is fairly ok off road but needs more grip. also a trailer to be useful.
Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects »

the control unit most likely wont be able to supply more power so you would ether need a full 2nd system and some how link them as the default control stick has a computer of its own built in to it and will most likely spit the dummy if you try to hook it up to a 2nd drive computer

you would most likely need to create a full control and drive system from scratch to work with 4 wheel drive and then add in another separate drive system for the ram / or what ever you are going to use for the articulation system
drspastic
Noobie

Post by drspastic »

i wasnt thinking to need a ram to steer as the front and back have their own controller. the system is from an invacare and comes 2x wheel-motors, controller, and joystick.
the join was going to be a universal coupling from a driveshaft but there is no suspension so it may need some flex.
synchronising the controllers looks to be a nightmare.
Richo

Post by Richo »

Long link for pdf

By wheel chair you mean mobility scooter?!?
I have done some minor repairs to one of these once.
They are pretty well integrated.
Trying to combine the controllers to one stick would be a waste of time.

Most of them still use crappy DC motors with a simple H-bridge controller.
It would be easier to get a DC controller off flebay and join them up.
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects »

drspastic wrote: i wasnt thinking to need a ram to steer as the front and back have their own controller.
and how do you see it controlling the "bend" in the middle? differential drive? and how are you going to control the very small amounts that would be needed?
the join was going to be a universal coupling from a driveshaft but there is no suspension so it may need some flex.

so you want the center "joint" to not only flex left and right but up and down?

sooooooo what is going to stop the center dragging on the ground?

how much have you thought about this before you posted it?
Last edited by Adverse Effects on Wed, 08 Jun 2016, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.