New Member...

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
htial
Groupie

New Member...

Post by htial » Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 02:58

Hi Everyone...

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I've just signed up as a member...

I live in the South Eastern part of Melbourne and work for the City of Greater Dandenong as a HACC (Home and Community Care) worker...

I'm 30...   ...but gladly don't look that old and defiantly don't act my age...   ...I've spent a number of years living in Japan and love my Nissans...   ...I currently drive a Skyline...   ...And I'd love to convert one over to electric...   ...but alas...   ...I have neither the skills or knowhow...   ...and that's why I've ended up here...

I was directed to this forum from Kearon's EV Capri (www.evcapri.com) site...   ...This guy is great to watch and has really inspired me to really start to look into an EV conversion...

So thanks for your time and I look forward to getting to know the Forum members...   ...and one day getting a project off the ground...

- - Laith...

Johny

New Member...

Post by Johny » Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 05:10

Hi Laith
Welcome to you.
I'm in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and I'm in the 'collecting bits and getting the car respayed' (not normal but essential for this one) stage of a conversion.
Sparky Brother is also out east here and has his motor out, has emotor and controller but needs more bits.
We are both doing industrial AC motor conversions.

Last edited by Johny on Thu, 20 Nov 2008, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

htial
Groupie

New Member...

Post by htial » Sat, 22 Nov 2008, 23:02

Johny wrote: Hi Laith
Welcome to you.
I'm in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and I'm in the 'collecting bits and getting the car respayed' (not normal but essential for this one) stage of a conversion.
Sparky Brother is also out east here and has his motor out, has emotor and controller but needs more bits.
We are both doing industrial AC motor conversions.
Thanks Johny...

I'm trying to sponge up as much info as I can...   ..but there is only so much you can get from reading web sites...

I'd love to put up my hand and say that I'm willing to help anyone out with their project in exchange for a little knowledge and guidance for my own...

Have hands that hold tools...   ...willing to work...

- - Laith...

Johny

New Member...

Post by Johny » Sun, 23 Nov 2008, 00:23

Hi Laith
I'm still a ways off as I have to gets my rear brakes back on the car to get it to a spray painter etc. I tend to be opportunistic with my time so I don't really know what I'll be doing until I'm doing it at this stage. Once I start pulling bits out - I hope around January/February I'll be wanting 'hands with tools' to help. If you are ever around Scoresby around lunch time we could have coffee?

BTW I have learnt HEAPS from this forum but it seems to take a few months to take it in, check out links etc and decide a path.