DIYEV

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
poprock
Groupie

DIYEV

Post by poprock » Tue, 30 Aug 2016, 02:30

A rather cheeky question. I can't logon to DIYEV. I keep getting asked to comfirm my IP address. The IP is not mine and is supposedly from the Orange or Bathurst area.As many other DIY members use this forum I wonder if others are having issues. McAfee telsl me there are no issues with my laptop. DIYEV has been a trainwreck since early 2014 when the Space beings seized control. I am also on the Suzuki website and it too is owned by them, but as yet my site has not been probed. How do I get rid of the IP bandits? Image

jonescg

DIYEV

Post by jonescg » Tue, 30 Aug 2016, 02:51

They recently had a big "new password" event. I had to reset mine recently and its been working ever since.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

poprock
Groupie

DIYEV

Post by poprock » Tue, 30 Aug 2016, 03:02

Me too, and it worked well until the 26th, when I was asked to confirm my IP.Every time I try to log on I am asked to confirm my IP. Perhaps it's not related to DIYEV? Endless sphere still works.

Johny

DIYEV

Post by Johny » Tue, 30 Aug 2016, 15:43

I just logged out then logged in and other than having to reset my password yet again, all was fine.

coulomb
Site Admin

DIYEV

Post by coulomb » Tue, 30 Aug 2016, 17:25

Assuming that we are talking about http://www.diyelectriccar.com, I find that when the computer logs me out (after a reboot say), then my new password from last session doesn't work, and I have to reset the password yet again. It gets rather tiresome, so I don't post there much any more.

Edit: I tried one more time, and now the new password seems to work. Maybe I copied down the password wrong, twice.
Last edited by coulomb on Thu, 01 Sep 2016, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.