Hi everyone!

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Hi everyone!

Post by Striker » Tue, 01 Jul 2008, 21:58

Hey all,

I'm Striker, fairly new to the whole EV thing, and looking for info.
The other half has said I can build an EV, so that's half of my problems out of the way :P

(The other half being that I type for a living, and while I have some theoretical knowledge about Fords, I have nothing that's usable for EVs).

Reading the forums, Kearon's website (www.evcapri.com), and various other things, I know that it's going to cost a fair bit of money (10k+), that I'm going to need a small car, and a lot of help (In my case, paying for the conversion to be done..).

As I mentioned in the Sydney hello thread, I'm an expert at drooling at the Tesla roadster.

I'm not entirely sure what my reasons are for loving the idea. But they're made up out of the following:
Price of petrol, desire to change to 'clean' energy for home and car, generating my own electricity via wind/solar.
They're all dreams at the moment, but I thought an EV would be a nice (and practical) place to start.

--Striker.

antiscab

Hi everyone!

Post by antiscab » Wed, 02 Jul 2008, 09:08

Gday striker,

welcome to the club (literally:p)
id suggest having a wander around this forum, and the evdl.
Just about every question u didnt know to ask has been answered between the two (though most of the info is on the evdl).

Matt

Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Hi everyone!

Post by Striker » Wed, 02 Jul 2008, 16:12

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the welcome.
I've been doing a LOT of reading here, and I'll give evdl a bit of a go when I'm working on the weekend next.

I'm hoping to get out and meet some of the Sydney crowd at some point.
Checking each day to see if a workshop will be on for July.

--Striker.