PIP-4048MS inverter

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
coulomb
Site Admin

Re: PIP-4048MS inverter

Post by coulomb » Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 09:04

mohfamous wrote:
Mon, 16 Apr 2018, 23:49
but also the device does not work and no sense of work in it
what do you think the problem
I don't know the 2 kW models at all. You might be able to get a service manual for the lower power models from the Power Forum downloads area: Axpert Service Manuals.

I'd suspect the various power supplies if you see no life from the display or the LEDs, assuming it has those. You should check out the MOSFET and IGBT gate drivers lest you blow up the replaced parts when the processor starts running.
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.

simat
Noobie

Post by simat » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 13:12

coulomb wrote:
Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 14:06
But it's hard to tell what's going on without seeing the currents as reported by the PIP in the QPIGS command, and preferably also the charge stage in the undocumented Q1 command, field QQ (to tell when it really went to float). How hard would it be to provide that data?
I have now added logging of data from the PIP4048 to my battery monitor. For anyone that is interested the new software is in the 'testing' branch of the code. Using the config file 'battery1cellPIP.cfg' and summary file 'summary.1cell ' will run my software with the PIP as the data source. The log file will contain the information from the Q1 and QPIGS command. The logfile data is currently hardwired. I am in the process of making this user definable. This is still a work in progress...

We haven't had enough sun to fully charge the battery but I have noticed on a couple of occasions that the PIP has gone from Bulk QQ=11 to Absorb QQ=12 well before the battery voltage has reached the CV voltage.

Is there anyway for the user to reset QQ from 12 to 11?

Simon
Off-Grid with LFP (LiFePO4) battery, battery Installed April 2013
32x90Ah Winston cells 4p8s (24V), 4kW Latronics Inverter, 1160W of Solar Panels
Homemade MPPT controller, BMS https://github.com/simat/BatteryMonitor

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb » Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 19:56

simat wrote:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 13:12
Is there anyway for the user to reset QQ from 12 to 11?
As far as I know, there is no command to set the inverter charge status directly.
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.

curasun
Noobie

Post by curasun » Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 05:42

Hello everyone.

Can MPPtracker and Watchpower be run on the same pc or laptop?
Why I'am asking? I had watchtower running nicely on my laptop, but 2 day ago I installed a PCM60X CC and installed MPPtracker on the same laptop.
After that when I want to start Watchpower it starts MPPtracker. It looks like MPPtracker overwrote Watchpower.
what can I do? please help

R.G Specht

BruceS
Noobie

Post by BruceS » Yesterday, 18:08

Is the 'exe' file still here? "C:\Program Files (x86)\WatchPower1.05\WatchPower.exe" ?
Try clicking on the WatchPower.exe directly?
*******BruceS********

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Yesterday, 19:59

simat wrote:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018, 13:12
We haven't had enough sun to fully charge the battery but I have noticed on a couple of occasions that the PIP has gone from Bulk QQ=11 to Absorb QQ=12 well before the battery voltage has reached the CV voltage.
Hi Simon, it is considered to be in absorb stage when it is within 0.5 volts of the absorb voltage setting. You can read more details of the absorb to float conditions here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4332&p=64095#p64095
Scroll down to the green heading "Charge Termination Conditions".
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).