Noobie Member and IMiev

For South Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
MatW
Noobie

Noobie Member and IMiev

Post by MatW »

Hi All and in response to Sally's message on one of the Perth forums let me introduce ourselves.

We are Matt and Elizabeth and we live 10km outside of Renmark in the Riverland on a 70acre former fruit-block and recovering bush block on the banks of Pike Lagoon. We are very interested in sustainability and conservation so always looking at ways to do things better. We have established a vege garden, composting system and fruit orchard with chooks to come. We have also planted nearly 2000 native trees. We have been keen to go solar (and will) but as we purchase wind power and our consumption is quite low we couldn't help but look at the footprint of our ICE (Induced Carbon Emitter).

I have a daily commute of just under 60km so going electric seemed like a good idea. Searching on the internet and on this forum we first thought that converting my 71 Kombi ute may be the go especially with all that under tray compartment more that ample for batteries. Reading others stories on this forum made me realise that doing your own conversion can be a long process to get all systems working correctly and quite frankly we already suffer from project overload. We were then presently surprised to find out that IMiev 2010 is available for 20k or less so the upshot is last weekend we travelled to Agostino Mitsubishi at Nailsworth and went for a test drive and the rest will now be history. We negotiated a price significantly lower that the asking price (including 5yr Mitsi warranty) and they will be delivering late this week on a truck.

On the down side we have no accredited dealer in the Riverland so looks like we will be going to Mildura for servicing with a caravan park top-up at Lake Cullulleraine.

A question for you folks. Does anyone know of there being any EV's in the Riverland as we are thinking trying to get a story in the local rags claiming to be the first. The idea is to spread the word (giving AEVA and the Adelaide Branch a plug). The more the merrier and who knows the local Mitsubishi dealer may take note and get accredited to sell and service.

Anyone passing this way and needing a top up give us a hoy.

cheers Matt & Elizabeth
Thinkin Hard bout a 71 Kombi Ute conversion
adelaide-ev
Groupie

Noobie Member and IMiev

Post by adelaide-ev »

Hi guys
Sounds like the iMiev will be a perfect fit for your situation!
Personally only know of ev's as far as the Barossa and Tailem Bend -not quite the 260km from Adelaide you are. However, others may know more.

Your property sounds fantastic - love to stop in one day. Now ......with a top up at Nuriootpa & Blanchetown and a full charge at Waikerie ....might just make it!

Article for the local rag sounds a great idea. Might help others see ev's are not only for the "big" cities.
Adverse Effects

Noobie Member and IMiev

Post by Adverse Effects »

you could change the story for the paper from "we have the first" to "are we the first or aw we part of a new trend"

as for the VW is it a "doka" (spelling?) if it is jack from EVTV.ME is doing one
Last edited by Adverse Effects on Mon, 08 Sep 2014, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.