For South Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
Hobbo
Noobie

Post by Hobbo » Thu, 08 Apr 2010, 20:54

Hi fellows, I am a newbie who is interested in converting my Datsun 1200 ute to Electric. I have very limited knowledge of EV s but have work in the Electric Sweeper industry but only servicing like changing/charging batteries, motors, relays, control panels etc. I am planing to use the componence from a few sweepers to power up the 1200.
I will do a lot of reading on this site before I ask too many dumb questions. P.S. I live in Surrey Downs.
Hobbo

ev1
Noobie

Post by ev1 » Fri, 09 Apr 2010, 05:11

Welcome Hobbo.
You have chosen a very good donor car!
Just remember all dumb questions are free..

woody

Post by woody » Fri, 09 Apr 2010, 15:07

Hi and welcome!
How big are the electric sweepers and their motors/ controllers ? E.g 48V 200 amp, 300Nm, 2000rpm
you may be able to join up 2 motors in series and use a car controller with higher voltage to get moving.
Cheers,
Woody
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack

Hobbo
Noobie

Post by Hobbo » Thu, 22 Apr 2010, 07:01

Hi again, I have done a fair bit of research on EV. I was thinking the best way to learn more is to get involved hands on? If any guys in Adelaide General area are in need of a helping hand with their projects let me know. I have a mechanical background, have worked in Mechancal Shops, Paint shops, Wrecking Yards and Building Industry. I have basic tools Engine Lifter and Trailer etc. Please email me if you need a hand.
P.S. remember I have NO experience on EV.
Hobbo

evric
Site Admin

Post by evric » Thu, 22 Apr 2010, 15:07

Hobbo, What area do you live in?
Eric
Prius Plug-in Conversion: http://www.evplus.com.au ...Holden Barina EV: http://www.evric.kestar.com.au

Hobbo
Noobie

Post by Hobbo » Thu, 22 Apr 2010, 15:30

Hi Eric, I live at Surrey Downs just off Hancock Road which is up in the North Eastern Suburbs near Golden Grove but would be willing to travel to help and learn. I am a member of the Chrysler Restorers Club SA inc. So have lots of experience in rebuilds. Lloyd
Hobbo