i-MiEV at the Melbourne Motor Show...

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
htial
Groupie

Post by htial »

I'll be going to the Melbourne Motor Show tomorrow (Sunday the 1st March) and will no doubt take lots of photos of the cars on show...   ...Including the i-MiEV...   Image

Quick question is...   ...Does anyone want copies of any promo material that they have (might have) there???...   ...This is really for the out of state people that can't make it...

I usually grab a few copies of everything that I like and pass them on to friends and family that can't make it...   ...will pick up anything else people want...   ...This isn't just limited to the i-MiEV...

We'll work out how to get it to you later...   ...But in the past when I did this at the Tokyo Motor Show for my Skyline car club people just sent me a stamped self addressed envelope and that seem to work really well...

I'll PM out my address later once I've got orders and and the goodies for everyone...

And to the Forum Mods...   ...Just a little FYI...   ...I'm not going to ask people for money for the promo material...   ...I'm just doing this because I'm an Awesome Guy...   Image

- - Laith...

Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap »

I can't make it to the show this year tho i'd love to check out the Miev. I'll be very interested to hear your opinions of them.

Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap »

As well as some promo material

htial
Groupie

Post by htial »

Lots of photos were taken and promo material collected...   ...Will post photos soon...

Mark T
Groupie

Post by Mark T »

The Sunday Telegraph here in Sydney had a story today on the Subaru Stella plug in electric which will also be at the Melbourne Motor Show.
Any info you can get or a report on EVs at the show would be great for the Newsletter. Image

Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap »

I hadn't heard of the Subaru Stella EV, so i just did a google search on em. Another ugly boxy, non airo-dynamic snot box EV! What is it with car designers???? Why do they seem to think that EV's need to be so damn ugly? Has anyone told them that EV's need to be more airo-dynamic than the average ICE?

juk
Groupie

Post by juk »

While the partnership between Mitsubishi and Peugeot to bring electric vehicles to market has been officially official for some time, the deal we told you about that would see the Peugeot lion logo perched proudly on the nose of the Japanese automaker's i MiEV hasn't. Until now. On the eve of the unveiling of its "Prototype iMiEV concept" in Geneva comes word that the two have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that would see them collaborating on vehicles based upon the iMiEV. We are guessing that the timing of this announcement and the imminent reveal of the slightly-upsized right-hand-drive prototype of the iMiEV is not coincidental.

It is said that MiMoCo will be doing the manufacturing in Japan while the extra showroom floor space that Peugeot can offer in Europe should help boost sales volumes and keep costs down. While it is unknown what sort of sales targets the companies have for the car, we do know that GS Yuasa and Mitsubishi plan on making enough batteries for 10,000 i MiEVs once sales start with a doubling of that capacity within a year or two. As to what a Peugeot iMiEV will look like, until pictures are taken we can only lean on the magic of photoshop and present you the slightly altered image above. Press release after the break.

htial
Groupie

Post by htial »

Sorry...   ...I've been having a little internet trouble the last two days...   ...Will have something up soon...

htial
Groupie

Post by htial »

Okies...   ...I know it's not from the motor show...   ...But incase you missed it...   ...the i-MiEV from the Ch9 news...

YouTube

Taffy
Groupie

Post by Taffy »

I will be interested in seeing there promo material. There was nothing there when i was there (2nd last day). Got some photos though which i will put up.

htial
Groupie

Post by htial »

Here are some photos of the MotorShow I popped up on Facebook...

MotorShow 2009

juk
Groupie

Post by juk »

Kiwi's test driving the MiEV. Choice they reckon, seven youtube vids included (that's one more than sux, eh?)

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/03/23 ... -w-videos/

Taffy
Groupie

Post by Taffy »

I saw this link on ecomodder.com forums, the imiev brochure.
http://mmnastage.cachefly.net/MMNA/green/iMiEV.pdf

Taffy
Groupie

Post by Taffy »

Thought i would add for those in melbourne. I heard that the imiev is/or is going to be being displayed in QV, not sure of more details yet. Heard on triple M Melbourne.

Taffy
Groupie

Post by Taffy »

Mitsubishi's ground-breaking i MiEV (Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle) will be on display in QV Square on Wednesday April 8 from 8am to 3pm.

Found some details:

"The i MiEV is set to become one of the world’s first truly viable zero drive-time emission city commuter when it is released in Japan later this year.

So, come to QV Square and see the future of motor vehicles first hand."

Sadly i cant make it work 7:30-4 on the other side of the bridge.