Asking for submissions!

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
tassie_tiger
Groupie

Asking for submissions!

Post by tassie_tiger » Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 00:07

Last edited by tassie_tiger on Thu, 04 Sep 2008, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Thalass

Asking for submissions!

Post by Thalass » Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 16:26

Man, Tasmania is ripe for EVs. Relatively short distances, small population. Fair enough it's quite hilly, but a small population would have less mental inertia to change.
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.

tassie_tiger
Groupie

Asking for submissions!

Post by tassie_tiger » Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 01:46

I contacted one of the elected Green politicians here about Electric cars and he asked if there were any in Tasmania he could view... unfortunately I had to reply not that I was aware of.

TropicalEV
Groupie

Asking for submissions!

Post by TropicalEV » Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 03:25

I've met some tasmanians...not a lot of "mental inertia " at all! LOL...Just kidding!....Thalass I think you are right...renewable energy seems to be well accepted in Tas..Only a short hop to EV's from there. Shame about the red-neck forestry influence though!... But hey I just got red-neck mate of mine to consider an EV for his missus!..Wonders will never cease.....Maybe there IS hope for the planet?
" I haven't failed..I've just found 10,000 ways that it doesn't work" Thomas Edison while inventing the lightbulb

tassie_tiger
Groupie

Asking for submissions!

Post by tassie_tiger » Sun, 07 Sep 2008, 00:46

TropicalEV wrote: I've met some tasmanians...not a lot of "mental inertia " at all! LOL...Just kidding!....Thalass I think you are right...renewable energy seems to be well accepted in Tas..Only a short hop to EV's from there. Shame about the red-neck forestry influence though!... But hey I just got red-neck mate of mine to consider an EV for his missus!..Wonders will never cease.....Maybe there IS hope for the planet?

Yeah, Tasmania was only the first state to elect state Green politicians and Bob Brown as the first Federal Senater... so we're not that mentally disadvantaged and we're not all rednecks. Plus we mainly have clean power thanks to Hydro... although BassLink stuffed that up, now we import your dirty crap.