Electric/AEVA/renewable car stickers

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 15:51

Hi,
When my car is finished I would like to have some sort of sticker on the rear to say that it is electric, and furthermore that the electricity is from renewable sources, and finally that this web site is the place to go to find out more. Rather than write an essay on the rear of the car I am thinking that I might have one sticker saying:
"Australian Electric Vehicle Association www.aeva.asn.au", another sticker saying something about renewable energy such as from the local electricity retailer, in my case "ACTEW Greenchoice" but it would need to say 'renewable', not just a logo. Finally something to indicate that THIS car is electric, not just an ordinary car driven by someone supporting AEVA or ACTEW.
Perhaps, just one sticker saying "This car runs on renewable electricity, www.aeva.asn.au" Perhaps we would need versions with and without the word 'renewable'? I don't know what proportion of us purchase 'green power'.
Is there interest in having some vehicle stickers made in a batch? If so, what do people think they should have on them, how big and so on?   Has this been discussed before? Has this been done already? If so, where do I get one?
Should this be organised by this group/one of us/me? Alternatively, one of the local parts suppliers might be interested to hold a stock to sell on.
Thanks,
Peter.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-present, on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity. Kona on order.

Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Post by Striker » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 20:30

Hey Peter,

Getting stickers "made" is the easy part.

Getting people (especially in an association) to agree on a design is an entirely different story.

Do you know anyone who could give designing these stickers a shot?

--Striker.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 21:12

There have been AEVA stickers made in the past (and probably still some around).
These have been of a general nature advertising AEVA and mostly pre web address !

Specific car stickers only have a limited number of users at present so printing 1000 may not get much support !

The idea is good though.

Perhaps vinyl cut out stickers or engraved plates may be more suitable for the low volume at present ?

You have my support and I am thinking of designs for my EVs.

It has been mentioned in the past that a symbol in the centre of the number plate as per LPG should also be fitted to an EV.

iMiEV MY12     105,131km in pure Electric and loving it !

Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 21:21

My inclination is to use a very simple font with as few words as gets the message across. Minimal decoration and no logo. Probably black on a white background (I am converting a white car). Perhaps something like a banner to run across the rear or bumper saying:
This car runs on renewable electricity "www.aeva.asn.au"
where the quote marks are replaced with two little lightening bolts.
On the other hand, my sister in law is a graphic designer and might come up with a better idea if i ask.

If no one comes up with any better words or design I might make a unilateral decision to make whatever suits me. I might make some extras and sell them at cost to whoever likes what I happen to have come up with. Still, I'd prefer to have some suggestions if there are any!
Peter.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-present, on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity. Kona on order.

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Thu, 28 Aug 2008, 23:44

I am certain we can rely on you to come up with something useful !

Count me in as a customer.

You may earn yourself the status of national sticker guru.

The other words for stickers that may be useful...

Zero emission

Pure Plug-In Battery Electric

but then you know all that.

I even thought of a spare wheel cover for my V8 Disco that said " I wish I was an electric vehicle www.aeva.asn.au "

tassie_tiger
Groupie

Post by tassie_tiger » Fri, 29 Aug 2008, 03:31

"My other car is a smelly dino-juice guzzler"

commanda
Noobie

Post by commanda » Sat, 30 Aug 2008, 00:40

LiFePO4?

Evt-4000 (Big Lithium grin)
Chopper pushbike 180 watt Cyclone

moemoke
Groupie

Post by moemoke » Sat, 30 Aug 2008, 04:13

Since getting our Solar panels installed my next dream is an electric car with a sticker "powered by the Sun"
What about 'Watts, no Oil. aeva.com.au'

Mark T
Groupie

Post by Mark T » Tue, 02 Sep 2008, 21:35

Here is a bumper sticker I was thinking of having printed. If you think it looks OK I'll give some to the Branch reps at the National AGM.Image
Last edited by Mark T on Tue, 02 Sep 2008, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Tue, 02 Sep 2008, 21:47

I like it !

Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra » Tue, 02 Sep 2008, 22:39

I like it and would be happy to have one on my car when it's finished. As a separate point I'd still like to have something about using electricity from renewables. I just received a sticker from ACTEW (ACT electricity and water) that says something along the lines of "Greenchoice: this home uses renewable electricity". If nothing else I was thinking to get a permanent felt pen to cross out 'home' and write 'car'. I could be quite happy with the AEVA sticker on one side of the rear of my car and the modified greenchoice sticker on the other side. How much are they costing to have printed? Are they cheap enough to be handing out at our branch meeting or should we pay for them?

TropicalEV
Groupie

Post by TropicalEV » Wed, 03 Sep 2008, 15:51

acmotor wrote:

I even thought of a spare wheel cover for my V8 Disco that said " I wish I was an electric vehicle www.aeva.asn.au "

I'd love a sticker that said that for my smelly Dino guzler!

Oh and I agree totaly about the little sticker on the number plate. A great idea and one the local emergency services would appreciate.
Why wait for the authorities to legislate that we need these things? A standardised sticker system for EV's would go some way to showing OZ that these aren't just backyard experiments but a serious attempt to save our environment in the face of a serious lack of tangable interest from vehicle manufaturers. ( Just don't tell anyone we get a real kick out of playing with this stuff!)   Image I see Holden is subsidising fuel prices by capping the price of petrol @0.99 C/L for the first 20 thousand K's on new cars."Don't make'em efficient..Just subsidise the fuel cost..Brilliant!"... Obviously serious about EV technology.....

I've said it once and I'll say it again...Great site guys...
" I haven't failed..I've just found 10,000 ways that it doesn't work" Thomas Edison while inventing the lightbulb

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Wed, 03 Sep 2008, 17:05

A bit of google and the Australian Standard covering LPG is ADR 44/02 (2006)

The section on numberplare labels...

44.6.4. The vehicle, to indicate that it is equipped to use LPG as a fuel, shall carry affixed to the front and rear registration plates, an external label of durable material conforming with at least the following specifications:

44.6.4.1. size, not less than 25 mm square; and

44.6.4.2. colour, reflective red conforming to Australian Standard 1742-1975 “Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices” Appendix C, Class 2.

Now this could be the yellow label in the previous post being the international standard.

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills » Wed, 03 Sep 2008, 18:03

Put me down for a "I wish I was an electric vehicle www.aeva.asn.au" sticker, I've got two Dino guzzlers that need those while I await fiscal approval to start my own project.
I might even be able to distribute some amongst some of my friends. The more there are of those on dino-guzzler bumpers, the more chance of Auto executives seeing them and getting the hint.

Thinks Image wouldn't it be fun to wander around a carpark with a fist full of those, sticking one on the bumper of every Hummer (or equivalent) you came across.
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Jul 2014 - Mar 2019
Total Petrol: 646.6L
ODO: 47979
Av Consumption: 1.35 L/100km

TropicalEV
Groupie

Post by TropicalEV » Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 18:34

How about a sticker that says "Breath easy...This vehicle is ELECTRIC!"
" I haven't failed..I've just found 10,000 ways that it doesn't work" Thomas Edison while inventing the lightbulb

Andrew
Groupie

Post by Andrew » Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 19:08

I got one... a rear bumper sticker that says "You won't get exhausted following this vehicle"

Except on one level this is implying the EV is slow.

TropicalEV
Groupie

Post by TropicalEV » Sat, 27 Sep 2008, 02:29

Hey it's nearly october already! how time flies....how are those stickers coming along? I'll put my hand up for a couple of ............" I wish I was an electric vehicle www.aeva.asn.au " Or whatever you come up with....

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Tue, 28 Oct 2008, 07:36

Hey not to commit thread necromancy or anything, but I just thought that perhaps a sticker along the lines of "My other car is* electric" (like the gogomobile ones from ten or fifteen years ago) for those of us still stuck burning dinojuice.

I'd buy one! :p

*is/will be/etc
I'll drive an electric vehicle one day.