EDEN BDM nanoflow battery

News, Press Release, Insider info & EV Promotion Related
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 00:15

[Edit: This thread is of historical interest only. EDEN BDM Limited now has real scientists on its management team, and has removed from its website all the offending claims discussed below.]

Check out these outrageous scammers. I kept expecting to see that their press releases were all dated 1-April. Their video voiceover even sounds like someone impersonating Monty Python. But apparently they expect to be taken seriously, and sadly, enough people probably will.

http://www.edenbdm.com/

A sample, re their other "product" (my bold italics):
EDEN BDM wrote:EDEN BDM is creating a radically new platform for solar converters or solar cells. Utilising its proprietary technology, it is developing a solar cell that has up to 8 times the output of current solar cells.

Wow. Cheap commercial solar cells are currently at least 15% efficient. 8 * 15% = 120%. Over-unity solar cells!

I was about to suggest we get one of these, power a lamp from it, and point its lamp at itself. But wait, there's more.
The technology does not rely on UVA and/or UVB and will work whether the sun is shining or not.
Yep. You can trust these guys to make good use of your hard-earned investment money. Image
Last edited by weber on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).

reecho

Post by reecho » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 02:36

As good as Greg Watson's Suncube perhaps??.... Image

Richo

Post by Richo » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 20:23

Scammers wrote:Research and development work is well underway and a prototype cell will be ready for field testing by mid 2014.

On the plus side they only have to make ONE cell Image
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way! Blasphemy is a swear word. Magnetic North is a south Pole.

Richo

Post by Richo » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 20:34

Scammers wrote:It is composed of self-assembling nano particles..

Ahh were they drunk and watching the Replicators off Stargate SG1.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way! Blasphemy is a swear word. Magnetic North is a south Pole.

Richo

Post by Richo » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 20:39

Scammers wrote: The battery in a Tesla ‘S’ weighs 1000kg and accounts for approx USD$40,000 of the on road retail price of USD$85,000.
A comparable bank of 6 x EDEN nanoflow batteries that would do the same job as the battery in the Tesla ‘S’ would weigh-in at 12kg and cost around USD$4000
Awesome where do I send my bank details Image

Richo

Post by Richo » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 20:47

The magic word for the day:

Edenglass

Unlike like Tesla, which they shamelessly used everywhere - Edenglass is not trademarked...

Richo

Post by Richo » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 20:53

And the managing director is.....

An Opera singer

http://alexanderking.com.au/index.php?o ... 7&Itemid=7

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 23:00

In case anyone has any doubt that EDEN BDM's "nanoflow battery" is as much of a scam as their over-unity solar cell that works at night, here's some basic maths and physics.

They claim this battery will store as much energy as a Tesla Model S battery and weigh only 12 kg. Lets be generous and use the lower of the two Model S battery capacity options which is 60 kWh or 60,000 watt-hours.

They claim to be using the well known Vanadium 5+/4+ and 3+/2+ flow electrodes. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanadium_redox_battery

This electrode pair has an open circuit voltage of 1.41 volts at 25°C. This voltage is a fixed property of these Vanadium oxidation states. There is no way to increase it significantly.

There is also no way to alter the fact that you can't store more than one electron per pair of Vanadium atoms (transferred from a Vanadium atom in one electrode to a Vanadium atom in the other electrode via the external circuit).

The atomic mass of Vanadium is 50.9 grams per mole. A mole is 6.02 x 10^23 atoms. A coulomb is 6.24 x 10^18 electrons.

So two moles or 101.8 grams of Vanadium can store at most 6.02/6.24 x 10^(23-18) = 0.965 x 10^5 = 96,500 coulombs, or 96,500/3600 = 26.8 amp-hours.

At 1.41 volts, that's 1.41 x 26.8 = 37.8 watt-hours. So no matter how clever you are you can't store more than 37.8 watt-hours using 101.8 grams of Vanadium. That means, to store the 60,000 watt-hours of a Tesla Model S battery you would need at least 60,000/37.8 x 101.8 = 162,000 grams = 162 kilograms of Vanadium. Then you have the mass of the solvent, which is many times that of the Vanadium itself.

12 kilograms my arse.

I guess these guys believe in Hitler's "Big Lie" theory.
Last edited by weber on Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 03:46, edited 1 time in total.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 04:36

daddy that man with all his numbers made my head hurt

hehehe
Last edited by Adverse Effects on Thu, 09 Oct 2014, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 14:07

interesting they are an Australian listed company

Name:     EDEN BDM LIMITED
ACN:      162 914 490
ABN:      51 162 914 490
Registration date:      19/03/2013
Next review date:      19/03/2015

Type:      Australian Public Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office:      SYDNEY NSW 2000
Regulator:      Australian Securities & Investments Commission

phone call to ACCC next ? maybe ASIC I'm not actually sure they've broken any rules.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 15:22

Gabz wrote: phone call to ACCC next ? maybe ASIC I'm not actually sure they've broken any rules.

They are selling shares while claiming to be developing products which violate the known laws of physics by a factor of 10 or more, while failing to mention this fact.

I encourage anyone to put in a ACCC Scamwatch report. They can be of suspected scams.
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/in ... eportascam
They probably can't do anything until someone actually complains of losing money to this scam, but at least our reports might make the difference between them waiting until lots of people complain of being ripped off, and acting on the first such case. Or people who are thinking of investing and contact the ACCC, might be told they have some suspected scam reports on EDEN BDM. I don't know how it works.

7circle

Post by 7circle » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 20:28

I wonder if the Technical Director is the same as the Auther/Colaborator

Eden BDM site: http://www.edenbdm.com/about-eden/compa ... anagement/
Board / Advisory wrote:Dr Ross Mack, DO, PhD, JurisD(Law), MD, BAppSc, Technical Director
Dr Mack holds a number of degrees including medicine, law, pharmaceutical chemistry, natural medicine and mining. He has served on the boards of several public and private companies and has spent the past 35 years in R&D of natural medicine and alchemical studies.
Book : http://www.salamanderandsons.com/modern ... ssays.html
About the author: on publishers site
Dr. Ross Mack is an operative alchemist with more than 30 years of experience. His personal pursuit of alchemy has driven him through several academic degrees, including osteopathy, medicine, natural medicine, herbal medicine, a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, and seven years of alchemical studies with Frater Albertus Spagyricus, in both Salt Lake City and Australia. Throughout his years of study, he has worked alongside and been assisted, inspired and guided by Art Kunkin, Dr. Wilson Wheatcroft, the late Hans Nintzel, the siddha yogi Swami Muktananda, Artofferus (who began teaching after the death of Frater Albertus in 1984), and Robert Young (a lifelong friend, coresearcher and head teacher of both Masonic and Rosicrucian schools in Sydney), among others. In recent years, via his antiquarian bookshop, Archives Fine Books, in Brisbane, Australia, he has acquired numerous rare alchemical books and manuscripts. Alchemical Essays is his first publication on the Great Work. In coming years, he plans more books on the parallels between alchemy and modern science.

Johny

Post by Johny » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 20:36

7circle wrote:..... Alchemical Essays is his first publication on the Great Work. In coming years, he plans more books on the parallels between alchemy and modern science.
Well that about sums it up doesn't it.
Carl Sagan rolls in his grave - again!

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Richo

Post by Richo » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 20:43

Hey you can already buy plans for over unity motors why not solar panels and batteries!

Johny

Post by Johny » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 20:50

You'ld probably have to be very careful hitching up an over-unity solar panel to an over-unity motor. There would be no way to shut it down without the universe re-booting.

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 21:01

the part that i dont get

if any of them have worked out a way to get 110% of input (of what ever) they would own the world yet none of them have much of anything and they dont see it

EV2Go

Post by EV2Go » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 21:22

Johny wrote: You'ld probably have to be very careful hitching up an over-unity solar panel to an over-unity motor. There would be no way to shut it down without the universe re-booting.

Exactly not to mention the constant exponential growth... Big Bang Mk2
Last edited by EV2Go on Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 21:31

Hee hee. I love you guys. You couldn't make this stuff up. An opera singer and an alchemist ...

No wonder they're not bothered by the laws of physics when they've got Swami Muktananda on their side.

If Carl Sagan had been buried with magnets in his pockets you could power a small city from a pickup coil on his grave.
Last edited by weber on Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 21:38

weber wrote: If Carl Sagan had been buried with magnets in his pockets you could power a small city from a pickup coil on his grave.

ROFL

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 23:09

This thread is now of historical interest only. EDEN BDM Limited now has real scientists on its management team (and no alchemists), and has removed all the offending claims discussed above.

See http://edenbdm.com

That may be partly because, in June 2015 when I learned that Professor David Moss had joined their management team, I emailed him and pointed him to this thread. He agreed that my analysis was correct in all but minor details.
Last edited by weber on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 07:20

well done

Richo

Post by Richo » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 20:34

Well the day they beat physics the universe ends Image

Good to see they got it cleaned up.

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 00:07

For folks who have come late to this thread: You can still see what we were talking about 3 years ago, because although the video with the outrageous claims is no longer on EDEN BDM's website, it is still on YouTube, apparently on the account of the company that was contracted to produce it.