WA Branch meetings for 2016

For West Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

The West Australian branch of the AEVA meets in Perth every second Tuesday of the month at one of two locations - Curtin University in Bentley and The University of Western Australia in Crawley. Meetings start at 6 pm with tea and coffee, followed by official proceedings at 7 pm. Meetings are held at the same venue on two consecutive months before alternating. This way we can ensure members and visitors on either side of town can make it to a meeting and still be able to follow up on proceedings.

UWA meetings are held in the Billings Room, level 3 of the UWA School of Electrical Engineering. A map for finding the UWA venue can be found here. Please phone Ant on 0416345575 or Mark on 0439932288 if you miss the lift - We'll send it down for you.

Curtin University meetings are held in the Seminar room, level 1 of the Physical Sciences Building (otherwise known as the John De Laeter Building; Building 301). A map for finding the Curtin University venue can be found here.​ Again, for access call Ant on 0416345575 or Mark on 0439932288.

For 2016, the following meetings are scheduled:

February 9th at UWA

March 8th at UWA

April 12th at Curtin University

May 10th at Curtin University

June 14th at UWA

July 12th at UWA

August 9th at Curtin University (This will be the WA branch AGM)

September 13th at Curtin University

October 11th at UWA

October 21st-23rd AEVA National AGM, Adelaide

November 8th at UWA

December 13th at Curtin University

We look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!
Last edited by jonescg on Tue, 19 Jul 2016, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
AEVA National President, returning WA branch chair.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Hi all,
The Western Australian branch will be meeting at UWA Electrical Engineering tonight from 6 pm. I'll be Skyping it in briefly, but the main issues to be discussed are the Hyde Park fair, Electrikhana, and possibly school visits.
See you there!
Chris
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Hi everyone!

The WA branch will be hosting our monthly meeting at Curtin University Physical Sciences Building (301) on Tuesday the 12th of April. I'll actually be in town for this meeting, so it should be a good chance to catch up and summarise the recent Electrikhana success, and make some plans for events in the near future.

See you then!

Chris
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Bump! We're meeting again at Curtin University on May 10th.

Lots to discuss; including Matt and David's Nullarbor adventure, and the generous donation of two charging bollards from E-Station to the WA branch! We're looking to get them installed at Curtin University.

I might not be there in person, but will try to catch up with technology.

Chris
jeffthewalker
Groupie

Post by jeffthewalker »

jonescg wrote: Bump! We're meeting again at Curtin University on May 10th.

Lots to discuss; including Matt and David's Nullarbor adventure, and the generous donation of two charging bollards from E-Station to the WA branch! We're looking to get them installed at Curtin University.

I might not be there in person, but will try to catch up with technology.

Chris

I am in WA now (at Collie) and will be attending the June meeting at the Uni. After the meeting I will return to Collie charging at the Uni, Mandurah and Harvey.
It is hard to make predictions, especially about the future. Yogi Berra
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Wonderful! I most likely won't be at the June meeting in Person, but if you're headed through Albany at any point we should definitely catch up!
jeffthewalker
Groupie

Post by jeffthewalker »

jonescg wrote: Wonderful! I most likely won't be at the June meeting in Person, but if you're headed through Albany at any point we should definitely catch up!

I was "close" to Albany when I came from Norseman then South to Ravensthorpe, Ongerup and Nannup. I had a 'kinda' time schedule to be in Collie by the 1st June so unable to deviate much.

However, I will be in Collie for at least a month with weekends to fill in, so a trip to Albany is definitely on the cards.

I will look into the logistics of charging to get there.

Jeff
jeffthewalker
Groupie

Post by jeffthewalker »

jeffthewalker wrote:
jonescg wrote: Wonderful! I most likely won't be at the June meeting in Person, but if you're headed through Albany at any point we should definitely catch up!

I was "close" to Albany when I came from Norseman then South to Ravensthorpe, Ongerup and Nannup. I had a 'kinda' time schedule to be in Collie by the 1st June so unable to deviate much.

However, I will be in Collie for at least a month with weekends to fill in, so a trip to Albany is definitely on the cards.

I will look into the logistics of charging to get there.

Jeff

Hmmm. Just looking at distances. Albany may well be out of the question for me for a quickie visit for a weekend.
jeffthewalker
Groupie

Post by jeffthewalker »

jeffthewalker wrote: I am in WA now (at Collie) and will be attending the June meeting at the Uni. After the meeting I will return to Collie charging at the Uni, Mandurah and Harvey.
Thouroughly enjoyed the meeting at UWA. I would have liked to have spent longer chatting to all the attendees. What an interesting bunch!

I did catch up with Rob (Tesla) in Mandurah during a LEAF charge on the way back Wednesday. He took me for my first Tesla drive. I still have that "Tesla grin".

On Wednesday, on starting on my way back to Collie, I charged up at the UWA Tritium DCFC after waiting a few minutes for another LEAF at the trough. Got talking to the owner, who was not at the meeting, and he has arranged for me to meet up with another guy (and maybe him too) on this coming Saturday afternoon. My leisurely WA "holiday" is starting to get hectic (in a lovely sort of way:-).

I have had a few inquires regarding the book about the first walk across Oz. The PDF is available for download (sorta free).

www.gulftogulf.info
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the August meeting of the AEVA (WA Branch) is coming up, and this will also be our branch AGM.

This is our chance to get some fresh talent into the committee and make plans for our upcoming year. As I have moved to Albany for work, I am unable to continue in my role as chair of the WA branch. So I will be stepping down, leaving the role of chair for someone else to nominate, or be nominated.

Mark Winstanley will also be stepping down as vice-chair, owing to family and work commitments.

I will be nominating Richard Baird as chair and Mitch Bisby as Vice Chair. They are under no obligation to accept the nominations Image, but in the interests of transparency, that's who I'm going to nominate. I will also be nominating myself as a national delegate (we can have up to three) as I feel I can still make a contribution to our organisation at a national level, even from Albany.

Please get along and have a say - we have much to be proud of and there is still plenty left to do!

See you on the 9th of August at Curtin University! From 6 pm, for a 7 pm start.
Last edited by jonescg on Tue, 19 Jul 2016, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

BUMP!

WA Branch AGM is tonight!

Curtin University building 301 (Physical Sciences Building). Meet at 6 for a 7 pm start.

This is a really important meeting, so please get aong if you can spare the time. We'll be electing the new committee and making plans for the next year of EVents, as well as a good catch up Image

See you at 6!

Chris