AEVA National AGM - October 3rd

For West Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Hey everyone,

The Perth branch of the AEVA will be hosting this years AGM on the weekend of the 3rd of October. The mayor of Fremantle has allowed us to use the town hall for the conference day, national council meeting, AGM and the EV Festival the following day.

We would really like to have as many members from over east come to visit, and perhaps make a holiday of it. The RAC Electric Highway is on track to be installed by then too.

I'm making enquiries about getting a couple of rail carriages lined up in Sydney and/or Adelaide so members who would like to bring their EVs can get them over and back at the lowest cost possible.

If you would like to be a part of this, let me know so I can start to shore up numbers. If the transport can be had for $1000 return, I think we'll have done well.

Watch this space!
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
adelaide-ev
Groupie

Post by adelaide-ev »

Awesome idea!

I'd already had a look at the Indian Pacific myself but looking at well over $2000 (closer to $3000) for me and the iMiev return from Adelaide.

Also would have to go over nearly a week early as the Thurs train from Adelaide doesn't arrive until Saturday arvo on the 3rd.

So any "bulk buy" would be much appreciated.

Would be the ultimate ev holiday!
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Indian Pacific is an epic rip-off. I can cross Canada with Via Rail and have a twin cabin the whole way for just over $2000.

Great to hear you're keen to come over - I really hope we can a) get some good prices and b) get dozens of folks making the effort! The RAC Electric Highway will be up and running by then, so if you ever wanted to do an EV road trip to the wine regions, start saving your coins!

I hope to get some prices this week from Ceva car carriers - they routinely move cars by rail. They are going to determine prices from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.

adelaide-ev
Groupie

Post by adelaide-ev »

jonescg wrote: The RAC Electric Highway will be up and running by then, so if you ever wanted to do an EV road trip to the wine regions, start saving your coins!

I hope to get some prices this week from Ceva car carriers - they routinely move cars by rail. They are going to determine prices from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Any update on these yet? ....Both the Electric Highway completion date and any car carriers bulk price to come over and use the Electric Highway.
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Well the prices listed here are one way -

CEVA Depot Brisbane, 18 Paradise Rd Acacia Ridge to CEVA Perth Depot
$1163inc

Sydney, 1/66 Christina Rd Villawood to CEVA Perth Depot
$1102inc

Melbourne, 77 Millers Rd Brooklyn to CEVA Perth Depot,
$1023inc

Adelaide, 154 Cormack Rd Wingfield to CEVA Perth Depot,
$755inc

Transit times can vary dependent on supply and demand into WA (approx 15 days).

Better than some one way quotes, but nothing special.

RAC Electric Highway will have four fast charge stations ready by June, so that's good news at least!
Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects »

ummm OUCH ! ! !