2014 Perth Branch Meetings

For West Australian Members of the AEVA
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 11 Feb 2014, 16:56

Hi all,

The Perth branch meetings for 2014 are as follows:

11th February, Curtin University
11th March, Curtin University
8th April, University of WA
13th May, University of WA
10th June, Curtin University
8th July, Curtin University
12th August, University of WA (Branch AGM)
9th September, University of WA
14th October, Curtin University
11th November, Curtin University
9th December, University of WA
January 2015 - no meeting.

Curtin University: Building 301 (John De Laeter Building, aka Physical Sciences) main seminar room, level 1, western end. Call 0422191511 for access if you miss the door. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/avSb2

University of WA: Electrical Engineering Building, Billings room, 3rd Floor. Wait by the lift and phone me on 0422191511 for entry.
http://goo.gl/maps/AJuxr

See you tonight!

Chris
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 11 Feb 2014, 21:21

By the way, I will be bringing another pile of legacy EV parts and components to the Curtin Uni meeting tonight. Someone will take it home!

Coulomb Racing
Groupie

Post by Coulomb Racing » Thu, 13 Feb 2014, 09:06

What legacy parts do you have Chris? :)
Please like us on Facebook: Coulomb Motorsport

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 13 Feb 2014, 17:57

viewtopic.php?title=lots-of-old-electri ... abs&t=3876

Most of this. If you want to take the big green bucket full of parts (which is still sitting at Curtin Uni because I forgot to mention it at the meeting) get in touch with Mark Winstanley. It will probably still be there for the next meeting, but there are also some pretty cool old ammeters and even a desktop digital multi meter.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 11 Mar 2014, 18:36

Bump!

AEVA Perth monthly meeting tonight at Curtin University. We'll be going over the success that was Electrikhana, hopefully sourcing some images for future promotion and going a bit deeper into the Electric Highways proposal. There is a lot of support from Bunbury and Capel shire for a charger, we just need to get to work on Mandurah, Pinjarra and Harvey. And everywhere else too, but let's aim to get the Perth-Augusta leg done.

See you tonight!

Chris

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 08 Apr 2014, 23:27

Another monthly bump - We're meeting at UWA Electrical Engineering tonight from 6 pm for a 7 pm start. I will be giving a short presentation on my trip to Circontrol in Spain, along with some updates on the Electric Highway, technical brochures, education package, upcoming events like the eFXC series and the Perth Royal Show.

See you there!

Chris

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Mon, 12 May 2014, 05:30

Hi All,
Just a reminder that we will be having our regular monthly meeting this Tuesday at UWA. Lots of upcoming EVents to plan for, some updates on the Electric Highway, and even a new DVD!
See you at 6 pm for 7 pm start. Tea and bickies on me Image
Chris

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 08 Jul 2014, 06:22

BUMP!

The Perth branch meeting will be held at Curtin University - Physical Sciences building on Tuesday night. Hopefully Sam will bring his Zero along. Plenty has happened in the last month, and there's lots of stuff on the go.

Don't forget, we have an AGM coming up in August, so if you want to get involved and help grow the AEVA into the active force for good we want it to be, then get involved!

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Fri, 08 Aug 2014, 17:06

Hi All,
Just a reminder that the Perth branch will be hosting its AGM on Tuesday night, the 12th of August. We'll meet at the Billings Room, level 3, Electrical Engineering, University of Western Australia.
We'll start with tea and bikkies at 6 pm for a 7 pm start. We'll also need a 'returning officer' for the night, so if you are confident you can count Image you're most welcome to lend your services.

All committee positions are up for nomination, so get involved and get your money's worth!

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 12 Aug 2014, 23:42

Bump! AGM on tonight, UWA from 6 pm. Be there and get free biscuits!

MatW
Noobie

Post by MatW » Sat, 30 Aug 2014, 13:16

Hi All

I know this is the wrong spot but I am after some help/advice perhaps with some inducement involved. I am looking at buying an 2010 I-Miev and WA seems to have the best prices and warranty. Paceway Mitsi have a couple for sale and I need to get an opinion as I live in rural SA. My daily 60km return compute sounds perfect for one of these little guys. Would anyone like to inspect for me - I don't expect expert opinion just make sure in looks in the condition it should be at 18000km and nothing falling off.

Thanks for looking
Matt
Thinkin Hard bout a 71 Kombi Ute conversion

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sat, 30 Aug 2014, 17:11

Hi Matt,
Anything is possible Image Paceway are a corporate member of AEVA, and they have generally been quite good to our members who buy their vehicles. I might be able to help out. If I can confirm you are an AEVA member, I can check out the car for you today since I will be heading that way later today.
Cheers,
Chris
Last edited by jonescg on Sat, 30 Aug 2014, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

MatW
Noobie

Post by MatW » Tue, 02 Sep 2014, 13:19

Thanks for the speedy reply Chris, test drove one in Adelaide on the weekend but found out I may have issues with warranty in my area, still keen but need to find out more from Mitsubishi. Re membership im not sure what you mean is there a type of membership other than the forum?

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Tue, 02 Sep 2014, 16:24

http://www.aeva.asn.au/content/membership

being a finical member is a bit like joining a union it shows strength in numbers
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

g4qber

Post by g4qber » Wed, 03 Sep 2014, 14:34

AEVA members can have the 2010 imievs for 16,990
ie don't have to pay govt charges
confirmed with Craig Jackson, Sales Manager
there are about 10 left

John Hughes is selling the carsales quoted 54k imiev for 31990
it is silver not black.
they use black as an example pic on the carsales site
it doesn't come with sat nav.
Last edited by g4qber on Wed, 03 Sep 2014, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.
:roll: 2011 i-MiEV - 147 kms August 2018

MatW
Noobie

Post by MatW » Sat, 06 Sep 2014, 13:31

Hi folks, have just signed up to purchase one locally and also as a financial member, thanks for all your help and a big thanks to Glen at Paceway Mitsubishi for his help although he didn't get a sale he helped get me a better deal from Adelaide.

adelaide-ev
Groupie

Post by adelaide-ev » Sun, 07 Sep 2014, 17:01

Hi MatW
Missed your post last week as all things "Perth" are a bit far from home!
The Adelaide branch of AEVA have had some dealings with Agostino Mits -not sure if that's where you have purchased from.

We also meet on the 3rd Wed night of the month http://www.aevasa.kestar.com.au/ so if you are able to be in the "big" city then we'd love to see you. There are 5 or 6 iMiev's amongst us.

I drive a MY12 iMiev - bought last Dec (trucked from Melb) - one of the last "new" ones left and couldn't be happier with it. Now done 7500km in and around Adelaide incl lots of hills driving and also 100km north using a caravan park to recharge.

Curious how rural you are - any chance of a charging pit stop if we venture further from home? Often ponder travelling further -just need to line up the power points! this app helps with the planning http://www.jurassictest.ch/GR/

Are you driving it home or truck delivery?
Happy to demonstrate the Fast Charger at Mits (can share the code) if you like before you leave the big smoke!

Welcome to Aeva
Sally

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sun, 12 Oct 2014, 04:13

Reminder - The Perth branch of AEVA will be hosting our monthly meeting at Curtin University, Physical Sciences Building - Wark Avenue, Curtin Uni. Meet from 6 pm for a 7 pm start.

Lots to cover, including the most exciting news so far - the RAC are going to build Australia's first Electric Highway from Fremantle to Augusta (and Bridgetown, via Nannup)! If anyone has a copy of today's West Australian, there is an article in there by Kate Emry.

Also have the technical brochures to finalise, a couple of upcoming events, and of course, Electrikhana 2015! We also want to put on a good show for the AGM in 2015 too.

If I can wing it, I will try to have Voltron there for display, but I need a bike trailer and a car with a tow ball. Or I can ride it there and risk a huge fine...

See you there!

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 23:55

Well I could sit here and type myself to death about AEVA stuff, or I could go to the branch meeting IN PERSON! Image

The meeting will be at Curtin University Physical Sciences Building, at the end of Wark Avenue. We're also having an Electrikhana planning meeting at 5:30 today, so try to get in early if you're keen to help.

Lots of stuff going on, including feedback from the AGM and EV Festival in Melbourne, RAC Electric Highway, WA's first DC fast charger at UWA, planning for the Perth AGM and more!

See you there!