Online membership form

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
ev28wa
Groupie

Online membership form

Post by ev28wa »

Last night I tried to pay for membership through the online form so I can list in For Sale.
Issue 1 is my username and password combo wasn't recognised. The very same one I use to login every time.
When I tried to reset the password my email address was not recognised.
Then I got desperate and tried to make a new account, but the capcha is crazy crazy hard. I refreshed about 20 times and I still couldn't guess it.
Hopefully easy fixes.

jonescg

Re: Online membership form

Post by jonescg »

Hi Dylan,
Some recent spam attacks caused us to bolster our forum entry credentials. I'll call in the experts - @coulomb and @weber or @rhills would know.
Cheers,
Chris

(typo corrected)
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

Chris, I believe Dylan is referring to the AEVA web site, not the forum. Only Rob can deal with that.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills »

@weber, I believe you're correct, Dylan will have been trying to register for AEVA membership.

Dylan (@ev28wa), firstly, there is no direct link between AEVA member username and the username you use on this forum. There are many members of this forum who aren't AEVA members. There is an indirect link from the AEVA Membership database and your forum ID based on your email address, so when you do complete your registration, make sure you use the same email address as you use here.

Secondly there is, unfortunately, a "dud" registration page on the AEVA website that is built in to the software and which we are unable to fix or disable or hide. It is the page with the impossible Captcha!

Please use this page to join up to the AEVA. Then, within 30 minutes of joining up, the automated process that links the Forum to the AEVA Membership database will recognise you as a member and change your status on the forum so you then have access to everything.

HTH,
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Dec 2019
Total Petrol: 692.1L
ODO: 57409
Av Consumption: 1.21 L/100km

ev28wa
Groupie

Post by ev28wa »