AEVA Membership is growing!

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
jonescg

Post by jonescg » Fri, 03 Apr 2015, 18:42

Dear all,

I received a notification this morning that a new member had joined the Perth branch, so I thought I would follow up how many members the association has.

I'm proud to announce that the AEVA's financial membership has cracked 401 members! I will leave the state breakdown to Eric, our national membership secretary, but it's fair to say the majority of our members reside west of the Murray River Image

Equally exciting is the imminent formation of a Tasmanian branch of the AEVA! Tasmania seems like the perfect place for EVs, with their abundant renewable electricity and compact road network, we can't wait to see what that branch gets up to.

This is a fantastic result, and with numbers like these we can start to really make a difference in terms of EV policy for Australia.

Don't forget to get active with your local branch, start organising events and spreading the good word.

Cheers,
Chris

AEVA Vice President and Perth branch Chair

PS We hope to see you all at the AGM in Perth!
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle

bladecar
Groupie

Post by bladecar » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 02:10

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new topic but I've become interested in membership status:

What is an "anonymous" member.

All of us who use a nom de plume are anonymous, in a way.

Is an anonymous member "more anonymous" and under what circumstances can you become an anonymous member? fmi :)

In total there are 24 Active Users online, 1 Member(s), 1 Anonymous Member(s), 9 Guest(s), 13 Search Robot(s)

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 02:32

I would have thought that someone who is browsing this forum but is not a registered user of the forum, is an anonymous member.

As for financial members of the AEVA, we hit a high water mark of 450 members, but after the new financial year, about 100 members are up for renewal. I sent a friendly reminder out earlier encouraging folks to renew, particularly as we have a few AGMs coming up and you must be financial to vote. I think we're looking at about 80 people in that camp.

Hope to see the 500 members mark this year!
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle

bladecar
Groupie

Post by bladecar » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 02:39

Hi jonescg :)

Thanks for the swift reply.

If "I would have thought that someone who is browsing this forum but is not a registered user of the forum, is an anonymous member.", then what is a "guest"?

If a guest is a member who has not logged in, then why have I not noticed an "anonymous" member before.

Please feel free, anyone, to point out they they are more common than that. The more people who point this out, the less I will be interested :)

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills » Mon, 03 Aug 2015, 06:20

In this forum, "membership" usually refers to membership of the forum, NOT membership of the AEVA.

When you log in, there are three sets of radio buttons, one of which you always have to change or it won't let you log in. The middle set, labelled something like "make me an Active member" defaults to "Yes". This button doesn't start up your walking machine, but sets your visibility to others. I believe that if you set it to "No" you will be logged in as an anonymous member.

Not sure why anyone could be bothered hiding their (usually anonymous anyway) username while browsing this forum, but the world's made up of all sorts of people :-)
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Jul 2014 - Nov 2017
Total Petrol: 521.1L
ODO: 37347
Av Consumption: 1.40 L/100km