Membership currency and various forum issues

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
praxidice
Groupie

Membership currency and various forum issues

Post by praxidice »

Firstly, how does one check currency of membership ? To the best of my knowledge I last updated late 2020 / early 2021 but I can't find records anywhere. Furthermore, there doesn't appear to be any place in the forum to check membership currency.

Secondly, I had a problem with editing a 'for sale' listing that I had made not long before, now the whole 'for sale' area has completely disappeared. Quite obviously I cannot update a for sale listing that I cannot even see.

Thirdly, I just received an email about some discussion regarding various charging adaptors (which is normal) but that discussion doesn't appear in any forum thread. Is there perhaps another arrangement for forum-like discussion that sends similar email notices of new discussions but that don't show in this actual forum ?

Would someone please investigate these three issues and let me know what is going on ?
4Springs
Site Admin

Re: Membership currency and various forum issues

Post by 4Springs »

praxidice wrote: Thu, 11 Mar 2021, 13:12 Firstly, how does one check currency of membership ?
Your AEVA membership is handled by the AEVA website here: https://aeva.asn.au/
Click the login link. If you can't remember your username, use the Forgotten Password link. If you still can't figure it out, email the membership secretary : membership@aeva.asn.au

Once you're logged into the website, go to your user profile and you can check your membership status.

For your Forum membership to sync with your AEVA membership, you must use the same email address for both.

I'll leave the other two issues for someone more familiar with the forum.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

praxidice wrote: Thu, 11 Mar 2021, 13:12 Secondly, I had a problem with editing a 'for sale' listing that I had made not long before, now the whole 'for sale' area has completely disappeared.
I suspect you can't see the For Sale/Wanted forum. So once your membership is straightened out, I think that should re-appear.
Thirdly, I just received an email about some discussion regarding various charging adaptors (which is normal) but that discussion doesn't appear in any forum thread.
Perhaps that discussion is on a For Sale/Wanted topic? If so, it should again re-appear when your membership is sorted. The most common problem with membership is not using the exact same email address for the main website and the forum. They're separate systems, linked by a script that relies on an email address exact match.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hi there - my t'uppence worth is it all sounds a bit odd! Firstly, For Sale section is a public forum. You should still see it, even if you can't edit an ad. Secondly, if your AEVA membership has lapsed, that should not affect the forums login - that is a separate login and there are lots of forum members who aren't AEVA members. The other one makes sense if the discussion re adaptors is in a member forum, you can't see that without logging in.

Will leave it to a forum admin to help you though - I have no idea how to solve it!

Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
4Springs
Site Admin

Post by 4Springs »

Bryce wrote: Fri, 12 Mar 2021, 03:47 For Sale section is a public forum. You should still see it, even if you can't edit an ad.
That's what I thought. I've had a look just now, and see this:
Screenshot at 2021-03-12 07-38-42.png
Screenshot at 2021-03-12 07-38-42.png (5.67 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Which confirms that it is supposed to be the case. Whether the back end is configured correctly is a different matter, this is not something I know how to look up...
Bryce wrote: Fri, 12 Mar 2021, 03:47 Secondly, if your AEVA membership has lapsed, that should not affect the forums login - that is a separate login and there are lots of forum members who aren't AEVA members. The other one makes sense if the discussion re adaptors is in a member forum, you can't see that without logging in.
Indeed.
I've found the post, made in Dec 2020 by @praxidice in the For/Sale section (i.e. not the AEVA members section). So either praxidice was an AEVA member then, or the system was not working then. It is quite possibly the latter, as the threads that link the two systems sometimes unravel and need to be re-woven.
Since I'm an admin in both systems, I looked up the email address and found that the one used for the forum is not used in any AEVA membership. Another possibility is that praxidice changed their email address on one of the systems since the original post was made.