DIY EV Forum

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
poprock
Groupie

DIY EV Forum

Post by poprock »

An audacious request for assistance to log in to DIYEV. They are requesting that I verify my IP address. According to Whats My IP? it is 110.150.161.135. DIYEV agree and are asking me to verify this by filling out their form providing my user name and password. Having logged in with the same user ID and password, these are not accepted when I use these in the verification form. They say that one or both of these are incorrect and the form comes up again with these removed. I have tried the Contact Us at the bottom of the page, but nothing happens. Any help or should I sever diplomatic relations with Donald's henchmen?
jeffthewalker
Groupie

Re: DIY EV Forum

Post by jeffthewalker »

Not wanting to sound paranoid, but....

If I wanted to steal your login and password (in case you used the same one for banking), I would hijack a program that accesses the web and present a forged web page of the same (copied) design. And ask for a confirmation of username/password.

Jeff
It is hard to make predictions, especially about the future. Yogi Berra
poprock
Groupie

Post by poprock »

Good point. Different user names and passwords, but maybe they are trying to get me to use all my passwords. :o
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

poprock wrote: Wed, 25 Oct 2017, 09:52 ... log in to DIYEV. They are requesting that I verify my IP address. According to Whats My IP? it is 110.150.161.135.
That's what this forum says you posted from, too. But like most of us, you have a dynamic IP address (you have used about two dozen different IP addresses, according to this forum's administrator software), so it could be a different address tomorrow. It might have been a different address when you were trying to log into DIYElectriccar.
DIYEV agree and are asking me to verify this by filling out their form providing my user name and password. Having logged in with the same user ID and password, these are not accepted when I use these in the verification form.
I've been using DIYElectriccar.com for years. Usually, I have had no trouble. But there was a time a year or two ago when suddenly every login was a drama. Unfortunately, I can't recall the details. Something happened and I never had a problem since then.

Perhaps try and private message one of the admins. I believe Duncan is located in New Zealand, so his time zone might be a bit more user friendly than most of the others.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.