EVRic

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
poprock
Groupie

EVRic

Post by poprock » Sat, 20 Feb 2016, 03:55

Hi Ric. In a older post or a video you said that for your Sherpa you had to add a front engine mount. I am having a similar issue with mine fitted with an 8" adc. Torque is far too great; mounts are moving too much in first and reverse. I have replaced the left tranny mount with an engine mount from an Isuzu NPR400, which is an improvement. I have also fitted a solid shocky rubber into the top stabiliser rod. I will also do the same to the bottom rod.Was your extra mount a motor ring with rubber mounts to the engine platform or something different? Another alternative is to connect up the half power pin on the AXE7230 because first gear and second are too powerful which would also reduce torque . Top gear takeoffs on level ground are easy, so there is plenty of scope. Hope you can provide some help. Thanks

evric
Site Admin

EVRic

Post by evric » Sat, 20 Feb 2016, 15:08

Hi poprock,

Firstly my conversion is a Holden Barina (made in Japan by Suzuki).

The left hand engine support is now polypropylene and the two torque supports are original each side of the gearbox.

Don't use first gear.

For reverse gear I reduced the potbox voltage going to the controller. I hooked up a relay which switches in a resistor (3.9K ohms) across the Halleffect output to the controller.

Hope this helps.
Prius Plug-in Conversion: http://www.evplus.com.au ...Holden Barina EV: http://www.evric.kestar.com.au

poprock
Groupie

EVRic

Post by poprock » Sun, 21 Feb 2016, 01:14

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw your video on Edward Booth's Sherpa conversion , that's what confused me. The front engine mount comment wasn't in his video so i'll keep searching. The idea of full power on the AXE; no first gear and half power in reverse is a better idea though. Thanks.