Loaner tools for AEVA

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
zeva
MSN: sigmunky@hotmail.com

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by zeva » Sun, 20 Jul 2008, 18:01

Hi all,

In the interest of removing one more hurdle for EV converters, I've decided to donate a few parts to the AEVA community:

1) Cable cutters and hydraulic crimpers
It's pretty critical to use the right tools when wiring up your power circuit (to make sure you don't introduce parasitic resistances due to poor cabling connections), but they tend to be tools only required for a few hours per conversion - and are quite expensive. So ZEVA will be donating one of the 12T hydraulic crimping tools and one of the HS-250 cable cutters to each state AEVA chapter, to be loaned out as the they see fit.

WAEVA already has their set, and I'll be sending NSW's tools over to Kearon de Clouet initially for his Capri conversion. I'll get in touch with other state reps this week.

2) Kelly KDH controllers.
So they're not very good, in fact they are terribly underpowered. But they can be useful at least to get a vehicle mobile, until you manage to arrange a proper controller for your conversion.

I have a spare one here which was briefly in my MX5, which I propose can be used as a loaner. Again it'll also be going to Kearon first, but just fire me a message if you'd like to borrow it sometime too.
Ian Hooper
--
"Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world." - Margaret Mead
http://www.zeva.com.au

Sparky Brother
Groupie

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by Sparky Brother » Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 01:12

Hey that`s generous Ian! I think there are some members donating their intelectual potential and heaps of time to the toddling EV society too. Good on you fellows! This is what makes me proud of being part of the mob!

Rattrap
Groupie

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by Rattrap » Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 13:46

Now thats what i call cooperation!

Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by Striker » Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 00:28

Rattrap wrote: Now thats what i call cooperation!

Don't you mean "Hooperation"?

--Striker.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."

amos
Groupie

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by amos » Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 04:33

This is brilliant, and good to see that the people on here are actually seeking 1 goal and that is to reduce dependancy on oil. Great stuff - is there an SA office? Some wire crimpers could come in handy when i finally get my project off the ground.
Answer the Question, but ALWAYS question the answer.

zeva
MSN: sigmunky@hotmail.com

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by zeva » Sat, 16 Aug 2008, 22:41

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up to let you know that Pete Gorton (who has recently been over here in WA) will be bringing the ACT chapter's tools back with him!
Ian Hooper
--
"Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world." - Margaret Mead
http://www.zeva.com.au

Peter C in Canberra

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by Peter C in Canberra » Mon, 18 Aug 2008, 04:32

On behalf of the newly formed ACT branch, and one who is just starting pulling stuff out of the donor car, thank you very much!
Peter.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-present, on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity. Kona on order.

Kearon
Groupie

Loaner tools for AEVA

Post by Kearon » Mon, 18 Aug 2008, 22:16

...and if anyone wants the tools, feel free to contact me directly thru my evcapri.com website (I don't read these forums everyday....)
Kearon de Clouet: www.evcapri.com
current conversion: 1990 Ford Capri : 45 x TS90Ah : Impulse 9