A call for professional EV conversion workshops?

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
MSN: sigmunky@hotmail.com

Post by zeva » Sun, 06 Apr 2008, 02:34

Hi all,

Well I seem to be getting more and more requests through the ZEVA website of people looking for "turnkey" EV conversions - i.e they want an EV conversion, but don't have the time/space/expertise to do it themself. Six people in the last two days alone! So far I'm only aware of three workshops around the country offering this service:
The way things seem to be heading, I get the impression that any professional converters in Australia are going to be run off their feet within the next 12 months! Are there any others around the country I might be able to refer people to? Make yourself known Image
Ian Hooper
"Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world." - Margaret Mead

Post by Sheany » Sat, 19 Nov 2011, 17:44

I know this is an old thread, but you did ask for us to make ourselves known. I'm Brad, and I'm just setting up shop in Melbourne's South East, initially EV-Parts supply, but once I get myself sorted, will be moving in to conversions. I will keep you posted on happenings, but I'm trying to be registered and operational for January 1st 2012.

Post by nat1971a » Thu, 15 Dec 2011, 20:00

Great Please let us know when you are offering conversion services. Melbourne really needs someone.

Post by AMPrentice » Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 17:22

Does Latrobe University offer conversion services done by students?
I heard they do some work with EVs

No Queen, No Prime Minister, No hierarchical system to break down our communities
Never vote Labour, Liberal or Maggots like them.

Post by Bluefang » Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 21:04

How professional are you looking for?

I am just starting out and have done my own road legal motorbike and custom e-bikes etc. Due to not having done conversions for others i am offering cost price builds for the first couple of motorbikes or light vehicles.

$15,000 for 100kw(input power, should be fairly close output) with a 13kw/h battery pack. Anything above and below those values can be done but that's a rough idea for pricing assuming the client provides a donor bike/vehicle. For the above in a motorbike it would need to be >600cc sized bike and preferably twin spar frame.

Derek Hohmann
Building Electric vehicles to be enjoyed and give people a EV grin.