3D Printing Services - Recommendations/Experience?

Technical discussion on converting internal combustion to electric
necrogt4
Groupie

3D Printing Services - Recommendations/Experience?

Post by necrogt4 »

So I'm looking to have some parts for my conversion project 3D printed and there's a myraid of services out there and prices vary wildly.

I'm currently looking at zelta3d.co whom seem to have pretty decent prices for SLS Nylon printing.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations using online 3d printing services?
OzSpider
Noobie

Re: 3D Printing Services - Recommendations/Experience?

Post by OzSpider »

Sorry haven't used a commercial service but I do print my own parts. Not much Nylon, generally PETG. A heated enclosure is pretty much mandatory for nylon to control shrinkage.

If you need help with wall thickness, infill, or print orientation, happy to share an opinion. I've been messing with mine for just over 4 years now.

Suggest you create a complex model as a test piece to try their service out. Check the test part for dimensional accuracy and strength test it before any serious ordering of prints.
necrogt4
Groupie

Re: 3D Printing Services - Recommendations/Experience?

Post by necrogt4 »

No worries. I did end up going with zelta3d in nylon for a battery terminal block.

I'll post some photos of the design and prints (once I receive them) in my build thread and link it from here.