Synergy charging stations - WA

How do you store and manage your electricity?
g4qber

Post by g4qber » Tue, 11 Jul 2017, 19:31

Last edited by g4qber on Tue, 11 Jul 2017, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
2011 i-MiEV - 140 kms May 2018

rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills » Tue, 11 Jul 2017, 22:43

Nice to see more charging stations. However, I wish:
They could locate more outside the CBD which already has lots. eg. the Airport has NONE (hint, hint);We could have a "standard" high-current charge connector.

On the second point, can anyone recommend which type of connector/charge adapter will provide "the best" coverage in WA (or at least wider metro-Perth) for a Mitsubishi PHEV owner wanting to access fast chargers (ie one that will connect to a J1772 type 1)?

As most adapters/EVSEs are quite expensive, it would be good to be able to identify a single purchase that gives "reasonable" coverage. In a perfect world there might even be a degree of "future-proofing" (eg usable or inexpensively accessorised for use with a Tesla Model 3, Renault Zoe...)???
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Jul 2014 - Feb 2018
Total Petrol: 551.6L
ODO: 39992
Av Consumption: 1.38 L/100km

Rusdy
Groupie

Post by Rusdy » Wed, 12 Jul 2017, 02:16

Thanks q4qber. Looks like Synergy is getting really serious in the EV charging business.

Does anyone know the 22kW listed (Subi) can actually deliver? No card all for free? Wow!

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Wed, 12 Jul 2017, 17:56

rhills wrote: Nice to see more charging stations. However, I wish:
They could locate more outside the CBD which already has lots. eg. the Airport has NONE (hint, hint);We could have a "standard" high-current charge connector.

On the second point, can anyone recommend which type of connector/charge adapter will provide "the best" coverage in WA (or at least wider metro-Perth) for a Mitsubishi PHEV owner wanting to access fast chargers (ie one that will connect to a J1772 type 1)?

As most adapters/EVSEs are quite expensive, it would be good to be able to identify a single purchase that gives "reasonable" coverage. In a perfect world there might even be a degree of "future-proofing" (eg usable or inexpensively accessorised for use with a Tesla Model 3, Renault Zoe...)???

Hi Rob,
I'd say for outside of the metro area, the industrial 3p socket is pretty common. For single phase onboard chargers you should be able to take advantage of these by tapping one of the phases.

Eventually, every level 2 charger such as those on the RAC EH, will be swapped out for a tethered type 2 charger (replacing the existing tethered Type 1). So by the time the Model 3 and the Renault Zoe are in Australia with their 18-22 kW three phase Type 2 charge sockets, we'll have good coverage.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

Rusdy
Groupie

Post by Rusdy » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 19:36

I wonder who headed up the new City of Swan fast DC charger. Judging from the no discussion here, not from AEVA then?

It's good news either way, and being in Midland, that's a perfect spot for my degrading Leaf trying to go to Swan Valley!

MDK
Groupie

Post by MDK » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 03:52

Rusdy wrote: I wonder who headed up the new City of Swan fast DC charger. Judging from the no discussion here, not from AEVA then?

It's good news either way, and being in Midland, that's a perfect spot for my degrading Leaf trying to go to Swan Valley!

It's for City of Swan staff use only right now, but they will hopefully change that in the near future.

They are holding an "Open Day" for this charging station in a couple of weeks' time:

ImageImage