University of Newcastle survey on EV technologies

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
jonescg

University of Newcastle survey on EV technologies

Post by jonescg »

Dear AEVA Members

We have been invited to participate in a research project being conducted by Mr Amir Mirzadeh (PhD Candidate), Dr. David Savage (Lecturer), Dr. James Juniper (Lecturer), and Dr. Karen Blackmore (Senior Lecturer) from Business School at the University of Newcastle to increase the understanding of how the powertrain technologies of internal combustion engine (ICEs), hybrid electric vehicle (HEVs) and battery electric vehicle (BEVs) are interacting and influencing each other’s rate of growth and direction in the car industry.

The survey was primarily designed for people working in the automotive industry, however as AEVA members your participation will be a valuable addition to the understanding of the technological changes and innovations in the powertrain technologies. A major theme of the survey is perceptions of the different strategies, and how this impacts progress in the field.

If you are willing to participate, please complete the online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L8L69WJ

It will take about 20 minutes from my own experience.

If you have any questions about the project, please do not hesitate to ask Mr Mirzadeh or Dr David Savage at david.savage@newcastle.edu.au.
AEVA National President, returning WA branch chair.
HeadsUp
Groupie

Re: University of Newcastle survey on EV technologies

Post by HeadsUp »

that link says participants must be US car industry.

are they going to pay our airfare or give a different link ? :)
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Amir said he's struggling to get many respondents, so he's putting it out to the wider EV community in the hope he gets some network responses.
AEVA National President, returning WA branch chair.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I started to fill out the survey after a few emails with Amir, but the question wording had me confused as to what the appropriate response would be. I ran out of time and haven't had a chance to get back to it yet, very busy catching up with lost time after the Prius pick up expedition.
It appears as though the survey is aimed at gathering information to convince existing vehicle manufacturers and service agents that it wouldn't be a huge leap to change tracks to EV production and servicing instead ... either that or they are trying to gauge how the industry sees the disruption effecting them , maybe both. I didn't get far enough through to see if it opened out more so has anyone else finished the survey and if so, what was their take on it?

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn