new forum

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
poprock
Groupie

new forum

Post by poprock »

Hi; With regard to the DIY EV debacle, I notice that several contributors to this forum have posted, all with negative comments. Some ten days ago I posted giving support, moral and financial to starting another independent forum to distance ourselves from the VB raiders. In the past I have had issues with a wandering IP being blocked and requiring verification. This only happened after the takeover. Now I find that the verification process to allow log-in and posting is impossible to use. Am I channelling Ozzy Osbourne and his paranoia thinking that I am blacklisted, or am I a boofhead who shouldn't be allowed near a computer or all of the above? It would be nice to have the old forum back :evil:
Adverse Effects

Re: new forum

Post by Adverse Effects »

poprock wrote: Fri, 27 Jul 2018, 11:11With regard to the DIY EV debacle, I notice that several contributors to this forum have posted, all with negative comments.
are you talking about this forum? i havent seen that but i havent read every post here
Some ten days ago I posted giving support, moral and financial to starting another independent forum to distance ourselves from the VB raiders.
your last post here be for this one was 07 Jun 2018 17:03 that is 20 days ago (2 times what you said)
In the past I have had issues with a wandering IP being blocked and requiring verification.
unfortunately that is the new software they moved to :-( (i still liked the old forum software better)
This only happened after the takeover.
takeover? conversion would be more accurate i think
Now I find that the verification process to allow log-in and posting is impossible to use.
again new software :-(
am I a boofhead who shouldn't be allowed near a computer
yes you are (oww come on i am just kidding you opened the door for me to do it LOL)
or all of the above? It would be nice to have the old forum back :evil:
yes i would like it back to but that is life :-(
If you don't have time to do it right,
When will you have time to do it over

Help those who help themselves first
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

I think Brian is referring to the DIY ElectricCar forum, and it's problems.
AEVA National President, returning WA branch chair.
poprock
Groupie

Post by poprock »

Hi, after a lot of detective work in the settings I discovered one that requires IP verification for each logon. The box was ticked so I unticked and hey presto! problem solved. I am not smart enough to have set that in the first place so go figure? :o
Adverse Effects

Post by Adverse Effects »

poprock wrote: Sat, 28 Jul 2018, 18:11 Hi, after a lot of detective work in the settings I discovered one that requires IP verification for each logon. The box was ticked so I unticked and hey presto! problem solved. I am not smart enough to have set that in the first place so go figure? :o
good to hear you got that problem sorted
If you don't have time to do it right,
When will you have time to do it over

Help those who help themselves first