Nissan Note E Power specs

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
memecode
Noobie

Post by memecode » Thu, 04 May 2017, 00:23

So I'm reading up about these cars, and there is a bunch of disagreement on the actual power rating of the electric motor. Some say it's 40kw and some says it's 80kw. The Nissan Japan website doesn't clear it up either, nor wikipedia. Any one have some more authoritative info on the actual output of the electric motor on the E Power?

According to some research I did they can be had for under $10k AUD at auction (~$16k after import). As I'm looking for something affordable, yet "green" as a stepping stone towards a full EV. Not sure I can import one yet.

Last edited by memecode on Wed, 03 May 2017, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb » Thu, 04 May 2017, 03:13

memecode wrote: Some say it's 40kw and some says it's 80kw.

The article that says 40 kW also says 109 hp, which is caveman speak for just over 81 kW. So either the 40 kW is a miscalculation or it's the continuous rating.
Last edited by coulomb on Wed, 03 May 2017, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.

memecode
Noobie

Post by memecode » Thu, 04 May 2017, 04:39

Maybe one rating is the petrol engine and one is the electric motor? It would make sense to have the electric motor at a higher rating for acceleration and the petrol motor close to the average power requirement.

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb » Thu, 04 May 2017, 14:02

memecode wrote: Maybe one rating is the petrol engine and one is the electric motor?
The second article statues the petrol motor develops 58 kW.
It would make sense to have the electric motor at a higher rating for acceleration and the petrol motor close to the average power requirement.

Yes, the petrol motor has lower power. I think it more than average power, as seems to be the case, so it can catch up on battery charge while driving, cater for long climbs, and provide decent acceleration in the event that the battery is depleted.

It's disappointing to me that the battery has such a small capacity. Maybe the idea is to start small, keeping the initial price down, and slowly increase the battery capacity as people find out how useful it is, and are therefore prepared to pay more for a larger hybrid battery in the next car. Eventually, they will be ready for full electric.
Learning how to patch and repair PIP-4048 inverter-chargers and Elcon chargers.

reecho

Post by reecho » Fri, 05 May 2017, 02:17

Can't be imported easily...or cheaply...