EV display, Sunshine Coast, looking for EVs

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
EmpowerRepower
Groupie

Post by EmpowerRepower » Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 07:06

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but some will know me from OzLeaf or Energy Matters. I'm a new owner of a Nissan Leaf, and have an interest in raising awareness of EVs. I've arranged to display my car at the World Environment Day event at the University of the Sunshine Coast on Sunday June 7th. My hope is to get a few different types on EVs on display, three or four, so that people can see the variety. Kurt/offgridQLD has kindly agreed to bring along his I-Miev, and I'm now seeking owners of non-Leaf/I-Miev EVs to join us. Perhaps a BMW i3 or a Holden Volt or an Outlander PHEV. If you think you would be interested, please pm me. It would be a full day of being parked for display, but you wouldn't need to stay with the car, unless you wanted to hang around and chat to people. I went to WED last year, and it was full of interesting activities and good food. I'm also hoping to set up a display board, but need to find a board first.
Member of Sunshine Coast Community Solar committee
3 kW solar pv
Nissan Leaf EV, bought March 2015
EV/Sustainability blog at www.EmpowerRepower.com

alexeiw123
Groupie

Post by alexeiw123 » Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 13:20

I know of two owners of model S in the sunshine coast area, worth posting in the Australian sub-forum of tesla motors club.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 16:02

Also worth encouraging them to join any punters to join the Brisbane branch of the AEVA. We can send more brochures over if you need some.
Chris
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

EmpowerRepower
Groupie

Post by EmpowerRepower » Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 01:14

Yes, the brochures sound like a good idea - perhaps Kurt/offgridQLD could bring some, if you meet before June? I'll have to look up that Tesla sub-forum club. Thanks.
Member of Sunshine Coast Community Solar committee
3 kW solar pv
Nissan Leaf EV, bought March 2015
EV/Sustainability blog at www.EmpowerRepower.com