Blade EV - New model

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
marcopolo
Groupie

Blade EV - New model

Post by marcopolo » Sat, 07 May 2011, 18:38

Johny wrote: Boy, this thread is better than a soapy.

Yes!

AMPrentice

Blade EV - New model

Post by AMPrentice » Sun, 08 May 2011, 20:46

I understand what Gow is saying about Marco Polo, its not sustainable to aim big and heavy in this industry but thats his choice as he honestly doesn't need the car to prove he is a tosser, he has proven that already.

The same mentality litter our roads with 4wds in our cities both ICE and now as proven in all Electric. The attitude is the same sheep mentality they keep spreading, as proven whether they are from the Queens rear end or from the slums of Mumbai. This is the type of human that has nothing sustainable in their DNA but pure consumption. I hope Im wrong and he converts more wealthy ICE driving farmers.

I like many believe in lighter weight, aerodynamics and supporting a battery technology not controlled by a country or entity.

If Marco Polo you invest or have invested in solar or Geo as you say to charge that hefty 105kw pack then there are some brownie points your way otherwise its just as bad or worse than any black 4wd/suv 22 inched wheeled ICE and user.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

No Queen, No Prime Minister, No hierarchical system to break down our communities
Never vote Labour, Liberal or Maggots like them.

marcopolo
Groupie

Blade EV - New model

Post by marcopolo » Tue, 10 May 2011, 06:47

Recently, I was asked by the publication of a major innovation and technology association with more than 11,200 participating business, educational and government organisations, to contribute an article on why more people of influence, do not overtly support environmental causes.

This thread serves as an excellent illustration. It's a sad fact, that a faction of EV supporters, have no interest in accomplishing anything positive.

In Australia, we have only one real EV pioneer, who has produced a mass production EV, for sale. You would imagine that Ross Blade would be a source of pride and honour among Australians.(at least among EV supporters) Regrettably, this is not the case, his greatest detractors are his fellow Australians.

Ian Wright, admittedly a Kiwi, but lived and worked in Australia a long time,a real EV design and engineering heavyweight, one of the three men attributed as creators of Tesla, encountered the same experience. Both men despair of their treatment by members of this forum. I have interviewed more than 14 influential Australian engineers, industry leaders and technology investors. At no time did I receive any positive remarks concerning AEVA.

Look at my own experience. I import the highest quality, and best performing EV in existence. This vehicle has received praise from every critic (including Elon Musk). Like all new technology, it's expensive. However,because of it's shared components, it's still a practical vehicle. But no other EV vehicle in existence could convince decision making ICE fleet owners to take EV's seriously.

EV's have become acceptable in large part due to the popularity of the Prius/Lexus hybrid range. Joe Public will not eagerly rush out to buy an iMev. Nor will an S class Mercedes owner purchase a Leaf. But after experiencing the serious quality of the LEVRR, he might just think about including a Blade Electron, or ask Ford to import EV Transit's to include in his fleet. If only 5% of fleet vehicles in Australia became EV's, we would have a serious local industry. This may help Australia to build the GM Opal/Vauxhall version of the Volt.

But an outsider, reading the response on this thread, would think I'd run over someone's favourite dog!

This is not to say that many members are not serious, dedicated, and well meaning, but it only takes a few to destroy the efforts of so many.

Johny

Blade EV - New model

Post by Johny » Mon, 27 Jun 2011, 18:12

There ya go marco - someone to agree with. A spammer is beter than nothing...

marcopolo
Groupie

Blade EV - New model

Post by marcopolo » Thu, 06 Oct 2011, 02:40

I am still waiting to see the amazing new EV announced by lifetech in February.....?
But there is another one in Australia which you have not mentioned and is a full family size EV. It has been made with the aim of showing the public that EV's don't have to be tiny little cars such as the BEV Getz or Nissan Leaf but that an EV can be full size family car. We can revist this topic in a few months when the EV is put on public show. As I said before, things may be slowly happening in the professional EV world in Australia behind the scenes but they are certainly starting to happen so I expect there will be lots of news later in the year.
Maybe much,much,much later? Meantime Blade are still selling EV's!

(The first Renault Fluence Z.E is being tested by AGLactew, in Canberra.)