Electric Transport Aus.RIP OFF

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

Electric Transport Australia
Has any one else been Ripped off buy this company I have and about a dozen others that I know of. I have managed with the aid of others to get two Names and addresses and contact No's below if any one is interested and please let me know also if you have been riped off by this company and post it hear.Most problems are service , non delivery after paying for goods , poor quality , seconed hand parts that don't work, parts that don't work , no comunication

Hear are all the details on Electric Transport Australia so far.
ALIASES : Adam Wright or Scott Brown or ADAM COOK or COOK, ADAM or RENE DAVID
Electric Transport Aus
300 Weidner Cres,
Albury, NSW 2640
M: 0404691922
Fax. (02) 83246461
Email : info@electrictransportaustralia.com.au
ELECTRIC TRANSPORT AUSTRALIA: WEB www.electrictransportaustralia.com.au/
Electric bike conversion kits
ABN: 73 435 005 361
View ABN history
Last modified: 22 Mar 2010
ABN status: Active from 01 Jul 2008
Entity name: COOK, ADAM
Entity type: Individual/Sole Trader
GST status: Not currently registered for GST
Main business location
State: NSW
Postcode: 2026
Trading name(s)
ADAM COOK
electric transport australia
Other registrations

View current ABN details
Last modified: 22 Mar 2010
ABN status From To
Active 01 Jul 2008 (current)
Cancelled 02 May 2007 01 Jul 2008
Active 22 Aug 2002 02 May 2007
Entity names From To
COOK, ADAM 18 Mar 2010 (current)
COOK, ADAM RENE DAVID 22 Aug 2002 18 Mar 2010
Entity type
Individual/Sole Trader
GST status From To
No current or historical GST registrations
Main business locations From To
NSW 2026 15 Sep 2008 (current)
NSW 2460 22 Aug 2002 15 Sep 2008
Trading name(s) From To
ADAM COOK 22 Aug 2002 (current)
electric transport australia 15 Sep 2008 (current)

Adam Wright or Scott Brown or ADAM COOK or COOK, ADAM or RENE DAVID
Electric Transport Aus.
2/53 George St,
Rockdale, NSW 2216
Fax. (02) 83246461

Don"t beleave any of this bull sh*t

Non stop innovation, non stop service
Welcome! Electric Transport Australia has been in business since 2001, and we pride ourselves on providing customers with the best-quality products, at the best price with the most extensive personal assistance. You can order from us using our online catalog, order over the phone, or visit one of the retail locations that carries our products. Most of our products come with a warranty and a money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence.

We take an enormous pride in creating and supplying our products to the consumer and look forward to a place of lesser congestion and pollution. We also can create custom orders; call or email and let us know what you want.
Hope you can enjoy our products as much as our previous customers!!!

Last edited by Who42 on Wed, 07 Jul 2010, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
EV2Go

Post by EV2Go »

What is the nature of your beef with them. "ripped off" doesn't tell us a lot, prices? service? non delivery? poor quality work?
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

Most problems are no service , Non delivery after paying for goods , Poor quality , No Refunds , Second hand parts instead of new that don't work, Parts that don't work ,Send parts parts back but they don't return new parts back ' No communication lack of contact Ph No till we tricked them into giving it to us , Then no resolve to any of the above just silence or bull sh*t
Last edited by Who42 on Wed, 07 Jul 2010, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
Squiggles

Post by Squiggles »

It is possible they are trading using a name registered to another party as well. Electric Transport Australia can be found in the Australian Business Register, details do not match the names and addresses you have provided.   ABN: 73 435 005 361
dennisu
Noobie

Post by dennisu »

The information provided by Who42 is correct, Squiggles.

In my case, I sent Electric Transport Australia $50 deposit for an electric bicycle conversion kit. When it didn't arrive as promised, I emailed Adam Wright asking where it was. I had to email him about 5 times before I got an answer. But still no goods after a number of weeks.

I therefore sent him emails telling him I canceled the order. After ignoring these emails again, he finally replied that he would send the refund back. But to date I still don't have my money back.

He will not answer my emails and will not return my phone calls.

If you Google "Electric Transport Australia" you will find a number of forums and sites where others have been ripped off by this company. Either by taking people's money, or providing no service, or not providing/returning goods already purchased.

The NSW Office of Fair Trading told me that they have received many complaints about Electric Transport Australia. I hope this leads to deregistration of this shonky business.

DO NOT DEAL WITH ELECTRIC TRANSPORT AUSTRALIA - YOUR WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO. FIND A REPUTABLE COMPANY.
DennisU
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

FROM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FORUMS
dennisu
Posted: 30 Jun 10 13:28
Post subject: standover ebay sellor
Organisation name: Not Applicable
Issue type: Complaint about Electric Transport Australia

Whaaaat? You bought a wheel that was faulty, returned it to ETAus to be repaired, and now they won't send it back?

That's the most bizarre thing I have ever heard.

Also, good luck on your court case. I have NSW Consumer Affairs onto this bloke to recover my $50.

dennisu

Posted: 16 Jun 10 17:39
Organisation name: Electric Transport Australia

Electric Transport Australia sucks. I paid $50 for goods COD and still have not received them.

I have emailed many times asking for a phone number and when the goods will be delivered. They will not provide me with a phone number, nor answer my emails.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! You will be sorry if you do.

The worst thing any company can do is ignore customers. This company WILL NOT answer my emails.

I have now demanded my $50 back and have reported this company's website as a scam with NSW Consumer Affairs.

daddz
Posted: 27 Apr 10 09:27
Organisation name: ebay-scottyfairway

towards the end of last year, i brought an electrical bicycle wheel ( i have a dodgy ticker and cannot afford a gopher so this was the next best )
problems started with the slow delivery.
anyway got the wheel and hooked it up and it worked so no problems, until the 15 kilometer mark. when the wheel started to shudder, this caused the wheel to be pulled from the forks and in so ripped the wiring.
i contacted the sellor and told him, and asked if it was a simple fix or if i should send it back.after about 2 weeks and many emails he finally told me how to dismantle it for repairs to the wires. when the wires where repaired they where lengthened, now the soldering didnt look pretty but all the multimeter readings where what they should have been.
put the wheel back together and it still shuddered. more emails and it was agreed i would send it back to them for repair and they would return it to me at their cost. big mistake.
about 2 months after they had the wheel he sent an email saying i was harassing him and that the work i done had voided the warranty. since then i have sent a letter of demand ( and i still dont even have the non working wheel, which i have since found that the part to be replaced is worth about 50 cents), but i am not in a position to follow up on the letter. i spent around $80 on phone messages to this guy for no response.
he is also the owner of etaus electric transport australia. do not buy from this guy. as best as i could track him he has had at least 1 other failed business. this guy ripped of a disabled pensioner and to me that is the lowest

dennisu
Posted: 30 Jun 10 13:28
Organisation name: Not Applicable
Issue type: Comment

Whaaaat? You bought a wheel that was faulty, returned it to ETAus to be repaired, and now they won't send it back?

That's the most bizarre thing I have ever heard.

Also, good luck on your court case. I have NSW Consumer Affairs onto this bloke to recover my $50.

FROM NOT GOOD ENOUGH FORUMS
Last edited by Who42 on Wed, 07 Jul 2010, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

FROM ELECTRIC BIKE FORUMS AUSTRALIA

Electric Kit Supplier in Australia (Electric Transport Australia)
by hangover on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 am

There are quite a few places to get kits in Australia actually and they seem to be becoming much more popular these days. I tried one from Golden Motors in China and it worked well for nearly a year. I tried one from a business called Electric Transport Australia and it was so crap, he supplied me with the wrong charger and when I finally got one from elsewhere and took it for a ride 5 spokes fell out before I even turned the first corner - no refund was possible the bastard. Not to be dissuaded I got another one from a business called Solar Bike. These were really good, came with a lithium ion battery and nearly a year now with no problems at all. Check it out: http://www.solarbike.com.au
Hopefully I won't have to try too many more.hangover

E-mailFROM ELECTRIC BIKE FORUMS AUSTRALIA
dennisu
Noobie

Post by dennisu »

I finally was able to get this guy's phone number (0404691922). After ringing him several times, I finally got through to him and demanded my $50. He denied dealing with me and denied knowing anything about it. When I pointed out that we can trace where the cheque was cashed, he still denied it. Then he said he had a great "piss up" on my money and hung up.
DennisU
EClubman
Groupie

Post by EClubman »

This smells funny.

I don't know anything about the company you're having trouble with, and I am most certainly not a lawyer, but between the two of you (Who42 and dennisu) you've just created a huge forum thread extolling the alleged poor service of a company, including links to other forums with similar complaints, made up of those very same complaints.

If I were a cynical kind of guy, I might just think that you were attempting to astroturf yourself some bad press for this company by making the same complaints in as many forums as possible to get Google to notice it as much as possible.

Since I'm not a lawyer, I don't really know how Aus libel laws work, but please be careful about any claims you make on this forum since it is now part of the permanent internet record.

Mark
marcopolo
Groupie

Post by marcopolo »

EClubman wrote:I don't know anything about the company you're having trouble with, and I am most certainly not a lawyer, but between the two of you (Who42 and dennisu) you've just created a huge forum thread extolling the alleged poor service of a company, including links to other forums with similar complaints, made up of those very same complaints.If I were a cynical kind of guy, I might just think that you were attempting to astroturf yourself some bad press for this company by making the same complaints in as many forums as possible to get Google to notice it as much as possible.Since I'm not a lawyer, I don't really know how Aus libel laws work, but please be careful about any claims you make on this forum since it is now part of the permanent internet record. Mark
Well, Mark I used to practise as a Lawyer, and although small claims wasn't really my field, I would imagine that the Internet is an excellent place to expose scamsters!

After all, if the are being defamed, they have an opportunity explain how Who42 and dennisut have got it wrong. They should be only to happy to provide references from contented customers, and challenge the any malicious postings.

In my experience others will come to the aid of traders who are attacked unfairly. But forums are very democratic and this guy is obviously just a scamster. Hawing said that, why would anyone deal with a guy without a business premises and no real phone number. Internet fraud is really just old fashioned mail order fraud, revamped a little.

Speaking of frauds, It's nice to see some one as honest as the honourable Nigerian gentleman who is so upset by the poor performance of the Nigerian Soccer team, he has offered to pay back the expenses of anyone who paid for tickets to see the world sup, or even compensate anyone disappointed watching on TV!!

Now if anyone who wants a refund or compensation will just send him your bank account details and PIN number, he will deposit immediately!    
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

Hear are all the details on Electric Transport Australia so far. This guy has done a lot to cover his tracks!!!! This is why I am exposing him this was all done deliberately so he could get away with this scam!!
        How many Different ALIASES : Adam Wright or Scott Brown or ADAM COOK or COOK, ADAM or RENE or DAVID COOK
           Electric Transport Aus 3 different addreses ???
300 Weidner Cres,     2/53 George St,          2/9 LUCIUS STREET
Albury, NSW 2640      Rockdale, NSW 2216       BONDI NSW 2026
Fax. (02) 83246461
ETAUS
Noobie

Post by ETAUS »

Adam Wright here from Electric Transport Australia, In regards to the problems listed by Dennis for the $50 refund this was actually a deposit made for a Electric Bike Kit which was on special at the time. At a later date Dennis the customer decided to cancell the order which means that the $50 was not refundable. This is due to our business having to set aside an Electric Bike kit for him, package and address it to him. The other customer daddz l am not fully aware of however believe that the kit was returned in an appropriate condition and was outside warranty. We offered to replace the wheel at half price however was declined by the customer. l cannot comment on these matters in more detail and frankly believe that this is not the right place to do so. l suggest all customers to redirect any compalints that they have to our team at: info@electrictransportaustralia.com.au
l would also like to say that l have contacted ASN in regards to this thread and that they will be looking into it as it breaks many of NGE's rules of postings such as naming individuals giving addresses, vulgar language, abusive, defamatory and malicious. l would be happy to get in contact with all parties involved and resolve all issues.
Who42
Groupie

Post by Who42 »

QUOTE:Adam Wright (Electric Bike Kit which was on special at the time)
From the time I found this Web sit The Kits were on special there always on special

QUOTE:Adam Wright (Dennis the customer decided to cancell the order which means that the $50 was not refundable. This is due to our business having to set aside an Electric Bike kit) the excuse was they had no appropriate bike kites left at the time

Dennis cancelled the order decause after waitting nealy a month and no repsonce or excuses he still had no Electric Bike kit after it was promissed only to take a few days to be delivered.

In my case which has taken over year and no resolve after hudreds of Emails
Adam Wright / Electric Transport Australia would not even send the parts back that I retained apart from a new wheel that actully would work after many promises to do so. Even the Controller had been used before and was not new that came with the kit.

I would be nearly happy just to get the Controller and throttle back as I have fixed the HALL SENSORS at my own expense in the motor that caused the kit not to work in the first place. Let see what happens

QUOTE: FROM Electric Transport Australia WEB site
Non stop innovation, non stop service
Welcome! Electric Transport Australia has been in business since 2001, and we pride ourselves on providing customers with the best-quality products, at the best price with the most extensive personal assistance. You can order from us using our online catalog, order over the phone, or visit one of the retail locations that carries our products. Most of our products come with a warranty and a money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence.
We take an enormous pride in creating and supplying our products to the consumer and look forward to a place of lesser congestion and pollution. We also can create custom orders; call or email and let us know what you want.
Hope you can enjoy our products as much as our previous customers!!!
money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence LOL . Just a few of the EMAILS I SENT
Last edited by Who42 on Sat, 10 Jul 2010, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
dennisu
Noobie

Post by dennisu »

It was nice of Adam of Electric Transport Australia to finally take the trouble to respond to my demand for return of the $50.

First, let me explain that when I first ordered the wheel, ETA said it would take about 2-3 days to deliver. When it did not arrive, I emailed asking when it would arrive. No reply. I had to email about 4 or 5 times before getting a response. This is in total difference to his website that promises to respond to emails in 12 hours.

During this time I started googling around and found others not satisfied with this company. Still not receiving any goods from ETA, I emailed many times asking for a phone number to ring, but they just ignored my emails.

So I sent an email telling ETA to either refund the $50, or send the goods. No response.

In the end, I decided not to have anything more to do with this company, and canceled the order. Reading that his website promises "a money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence" I expected that they would refund my money. No dice.

Instead, I eventually get an email telling me most magnanimously that I won't have to pay any more!

So another 3 or 4 weeks goes by and no refund. Therefore, I lodged a complaint with the NSW Office of Fair Trading, reporting the details and asking them to get my $50 back.

As for Adam's response about being a non-refundable deposit, he never ever told me that, nor does his website say that.

But it is not just me. What about many others who have been burnt by this company? People don't get onto forums and make complaints to government offices if they have good purchasing experiences with companies.

Have a look at some of these complaints:

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic. ... a492ee62aa
(see "daddz" above).

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic. ... 919#318919
"gunndy" reports "i after many emails contacted the electrical transport company based now at albury...enquiring on obtaining a conversion kit for my bike they were very helpfull untill they received an ANZ bank cheque on it's clearance the kit should have been sent within a couple of days as they had them in stock......but once the cheque the firm who's principal is (DELETED) didn't want to know me i have copies of the cheque numbers ans all emails that passed between us but my last 4 emails ans a phone call have been ignored and i've had no reply
i have contacted the office of commerce.gov.au
this is one shinky opperation this firm was once located in sydney"

http://www.google.com.au/#q=%22electric ... 1294de1425
"hangover" says "There are quite a few places to get kits in Australia actually and they seem to be becoming much more popular these days. I tried one from Golden Motors in China and it worked well for nearly a year. I tried one from a business called Electric Transport Australia and it was so crap, he supplied me with the wrong charger and when I finally got one from elsewhere and took it for a ride 5 spokes fell out before I even turned the first corner - no refund was possible the b*****d."

http://en-gb.connect.facebook.com/pages ... 5532131660
"SF" says "My step father got ripped off to the tune of $419. He bought a motor to motorise his push bike, but it never showed! The company cashed the cheque, but did not send the goods! Not until several months later when the police got involved, and even then the kit turned up sans instructions. Not possible to assemble without instruction! What a mongrel of a company is Electric Transport Australia. Be warned!"

I contacted a competitor to ETA recently, and he said that he has lost count of the number of people who have come to him after having a bad experience with ETA.
DennisU
dennisu
Noobie

Post by dennisu »

Also, since Adam won't respond to my emails or phone calls, this forum is now the only way I get to communicate with him.

I'd like Adam to tell me, if he had the wheel all packaged and addressed, why he didn't just send it. Or at least tell me it was ready to be sent. Instead, he chose to ignore my communications. I've been in business, too, and the WORST thing you can do is ignore customers. It's the WORST business practice.
DennisU
marcopolo
Groupie

Post by marcopolo »

dennisu wrote: Also, since Adam won't respond to my emails or phone calls, this forum is now the only way I get to communicate with him.

I'd like Adam to tell me, if he had the wheel all packaged and addressed, why he didn't just send it. Or at least tell me it was ready to be sent. Instead, he chose to ignore my communications. I've been in business, too, and the WORST thing you can do is ignore customers. It's the WORST business practice.

Ok, ok, we all get it! You are really pissed at this guy and want to burn down his barn, while you're at it!

But here's the thing, Adam has gone to the trouble of writing a polite and reasoned reply. He has also offered to test the validity of his claims in a more appropriate forum. Each State provides a consumer affairs type, small claims tribunal, the purpose of which is to provide a forum, at little expense to the parties to seek a resolution.

This is not the proper place to continue to air your grievances, as this forum can offer you no resolution, and you are in danger of appearing somewhat unbalanced.

Take him to the tribunal, and then publish the result. Good luck.
marcopolo
Groupie

Post by marcopolo »

ETAUS wrote: Adam Wright here from Electric Transport Australia, In regards to the problems listed by Dennis for the $50 refund this was actually a deposit made for a Electric Bike Kit which was on special at the time. At a later date Dennis the customer decided to cancell the order which means that the $50 was not refundable. This is due to our business having to set aside an Electric Bike kit for him, package and address it to him. The other customer daddz l am not fully aware of however believe that the kit was returned in an appropriate condition and was outside warranty. We offered to replace the wheel at half price however was declined by the customer. l cannot comment on these matters in more detail and frankly believe that this is not the right place to do so. l suggest all customers to redirect any compalints that they have to our team at: info@electrictransportaustralia.com.au
l would also like to say that l have contacted ASN in regards to this thread and that they will be looking into it as it breaks many of NGE's rules of postings such as naming individuals giving addresses, vulgar language, abusive, defamatory and malicious. l would be happy to get in contact with all parties involved and resolve all issues.

Adam, Customers are often irritating, but in general the right to retain a deposit is seldom upheld. In general it pays to return deposits, no matter how unfair.

It may upset you to see a dissatisfied customer complaining, but when you operate a business you have very little redress. The onus is on you to prove that complaints are without foundation and have a malicious content, unrelated to the cause of the dispute, or it isn't malicious.

Again, I would suggest that you avail yourself of the consumer/business tribunal in your state to resolve these issues.
Gow864
Groupie

Post by Gow864 »

I'd say "Damage already done" forums like these are easy places to demolish a business. I've seen it done loads of time usually by competing parties, It doesn't matter wether the claim is legit or not the mud sticks.

Gow.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
marcopolo
Groupie

Post by marcopolo »

Gow864 wrote: I'd say "Damage already done" forums like these are easy places to demolish a business. I've seen it done loads of time usually by competing parties, It doesn't matter wether the claim is legit or not the mud sticks.Gow.
Thank you for that very fair observation. It's a difficult question isn't it?

Obviously, forums and websites are an important method for legitimate victims to warn other potential victims of scams and false information.

On the other hand what redress does the unfortunate accused have against, malicious, distorted or wildly exaggerated claims, that no independent authority would substantiate?

The Internet provides crank conspiracy theorists and legitimate whistle blowers, equal time.

It's especially difficult where the accuser is highly articulate and the accused is from a more humble background, with limited skills in English. Any reply to the baying mob, who generally support the strident accuser, comes across very poorly.

The accuser usually posts increasingly long screeds of seemingly authentic information and facts. But who can independently verify this information?

The accused is left with very little option but hope no-one reads the thread, since matching a long history of invective seems pointless.

My advice to any small trader is to immediately publish a willingness to employ the services of the small claims/consumer affairs tribunal in the relevant state to arbitrate. Secondly, publish any testimonials from satisfied customers.

If presented in a calm and polite manner, such a response usually reduces the accuser to appearing to be an unbalanced ranter, with little credibility.

Of course for those traders afraid of the outcome of an independent tribunal, well it speaks for itself!   
Mr. Mik
Groupie

Post by Mr. Mik »

marcopolo wrote: ...

If presented in a calm and polite manner, such a response usually reduces the accuser to appearing to be an unbalanced ranter, with little credibility.

Of course for those traders afraid of the outcome of an independent tribunal, well it speaks for itself!   

Playing the devils advocate here: Would it work (for a shonky dealer - and I don't know if the one "exposed" here falls in that category!) to just post such an invitation to go to the small claims tribunal, but never do it?

Edit: " added behing "exposed
Last edited by Mr. Mik on Sat, 10 Jul 2010, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
There is always a way if there is no other way!
Rattrap
Groupie

Post by Rattrap »

I hope Dennisu has deep pockets cuse i can smell a law suit just round the corner.
The office of Fair Trading should be the first stop for an unhappy customer not a public forum! I've only ever had to deal with the Fair Trading mob once as a business owner & i can tell you they are persuasive & persistent.
Andrew
Groupie

Post by Andrew »

This thread is closed until further notice.