Charging and discharching features

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
renewable energy iot
Noobie

Charging and discharching features

Post by renewable energy iot »

Hi,

Is it correct all EVs are able to be plugged and charged by home power in garage?

I also like to use EV battery as a mobile battery to store solar power at day and to be discharged at night, I heard you, it must be a dumb idea to degrade EV battery quickly, but I still want to know which EV is designed to provide such feature while to prolong the battery thoughtfully?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

iot
brendon_m

Re: Charging and discharching features

Post by brendon_m »

renewable energy iot wrote: Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 12:33 Is it correct all EVs are able to be plugged and charged by home power in garage?
Yes, but only relatively slowly (around 10-15km of range recovered per hour).
If you want to charge faster you need to install a larger cabling, power point/ EVSE etc.

renewable energy iot wrote: Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 12:33 I also like to use EV battery as a mobile battery to store solar power at day and to be discharged at night, I heard you, it must be a dumb idea to degrade EV battery quickly, but I still want to know which EV is designed to provide such feature while to prolong the battery thoughtfully
Anything with a chademo port can technically do this but it's cost prohibitive at the moment.
Vehicles with a CCS port have yet to have this feature released but it's alledgelly coming